Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello, 

I can scan with an old laptop (macOS 10.11.6 / Image Capture 6.7.604) but I can not scan with a new one (macOS 10.15.3 / Image Capture 8.0.1106).

I understand that I have to throw to the garbage my very good scanner because HP is blocking it to work with newer operating sistems.

Like this, HP is polluting the environment by forcing us to get rid of good equipments.

What can I do? Do I have to buy a new scanner and put my perfect working scanner to the garbage poluting the nature?

Thank you

Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 13.04.31.png

HP Recommended

Sorry, you are now part of the club waiting for a fix from HP and/or Apple to fix the scanning issue (not being able to on it seems ANY multifunction printers).  

HP Recommended

Looks like there's lots of different issues.  It's working fine for me - see attached scan of a book cover.  Good luck all!

Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 11.00.27 AM.png

HP Recommended

[edit]

Thank you, I will take a look at what you did.

HP Recommended

I am running the latest mac catalina 10.15.3,  HP Easy Scan does not recognize the scanner.   I tried image capture, doesn't see scanner.  I'm at a complete loss here.  HP support will not even take the call after I got a case number.

HP Recommended

Hello
Unfortunately, you belong to the same group as me and many others, customers that HP doesn't care about ....
The last hope for me is Catalina's update on Tuesday next week, it won't work then I will be forced to buy another printer / scanner and it won't be HP even though I was
loyal customer for many years
both private and as a buyer

HP Recommended

I'm not sure actually what I did but it is now working. Here is what I remember.  I added the printer a second time this time under protocol choosing HP rather than teh default Bonjour.  I downloaded all the programs from HP, HP Scan, HP Utility, and HP Easy Scan.  From HP Smart I pushed the Scan button.  After that it started scanning and the scanner appearing in HP Easy Scan.  I hope this helps.

HP Recommended

And which OS version is this?  Thx.  

HP Recommended

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.4

HP Recommended

I got it working on Catalina 10.15.3

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.