Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Series D110
Mac OS X 10.12 Sierra

Updated Apple OS to Sierra 10.12 and now cannot connect to printer to scan. Driver version of HP printer is HP Inkjet 1 Driver 3.3.2 Can anyone help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Lancer3

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand the printer to scan doesn't work after the recent update the Sierra,

Don't worry, Although the following document doesn't mention Sierra, the following Apple article will guide you through the steps to scan via

• Image Capture
  • Preview
  • Print & Fax preferences in System Preferences
  • Scanner / Printer queue

Mac Basics: Using a scanner

I also suggest using the Apple Scan while you wait for the HP software to be updated. You can use the following link to confirm your printer is still compatible with your OS: Printer and scanner software for macOS Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, and Mavericks.

For related links, please click here.

To troubleshoot macOS Sierra Problems: Click here

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Lancer3

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand the printer to scan doesn't work after the recent update the Sierra,

Don't worry, Although the following document doesn't mention Sierra, the following Apple article will guide you through the steps to scan via

• Image Capture
  • Preview
  • Print & Fax preferences in System Preferences
  • Scanner / Printer queue

Mac Basics: Using a scanner

I also suggest using the Apple Scan while you wait for the HP software to be updated. You can use the following link to confirm your printer is still compatible with your OS: Printer and scanner software for macOS Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, and Mavericks.

For related links, please click here.

To troubleshoot macOS Sierra Problems: Click here

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry, this does not help. There is a driver issue that needs to be updated. The OS recognizes the printer/scanner but it fails to communicate. Whichever application you use (Image Capture, Preview, etc.) will hang or simply disappear. I have deleted and re-added printer through system preferences, restarted nothing works. Please have HP update the driver.

pics for reference: (1st pic is one you select your printer, 2nd pic is after 2 seconds) It simply disappears

3rd pic in preview it will hang on 'waiting for scanner'

Screen Shot 2016-10-12 at 10.33.16 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-10-12 at 10.33.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-10-12 at 10.33.48 AM.png

HP Recommended

I'm having the exact same problem, unable to scan from Mac since upgrading to Sierra.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled everything that I can, have tried both native scanning from Apple as well as HP Easy Scan, neither work.  I can print fine and I can do a copy on the D110 itself so the scan functionality is working.  This definitely seems like a driver issue, has anyone resolved it yet?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.