Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Officejet PRO 8625

Just looking to validate a firmware update version number. The printer had a prompt about updating the firmware which I followed. However the wording on the on-screen update request seems odd in retrospect. Can anybody confirm firmware version FDP1CN1910AR is legit? Thanks 

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@m12a4

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

That Firmware Version is valid however it's an old firmware version. Do update it: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i have a HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 with firmware FDP1CN1910AR.

in this post Betty0610 said that firmware is out dated. I have downloaded the suggested firmware update application for MacOS and it says it has no update for the firmware for the printer. 

The printer is set to auto-update and says it has the correct firmware.

so what is the latest firmware version for a 8610 printer?

HP Recommended

@h3r0d0tus

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

To Update the printer firmware:

• Click here to download and install the latest firmware from your MAC.
  • Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
  • On your printer screen, go to Setup > Web services > Printer update > Check for update Now
  • The latest firmware version for HP OfficeJet 8610 e-All-in-One Printer is: 1828A ; Release date: Jul 31, 2018

• If you get a message saying there is no firmware update available, it means your printer is up-to-date.

Let me know how this goes.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

kumar

please REREAD my post

i said i downloaded the correct software and the software said the firmware was latest and the printer’s update mechanism says it is the latest but the version you said does NOT match what the printer is reporting 

the firmware version for the printer is much longer than 5 characters

HP Recommended

Hi,

Version 1910 is the latest version available via the HP Update cloud server, it is legit and newer than the version available at hp.com (1828), therefore any update from hp.com is listed as not applicable and cannot be processed.

Do you experience any issues or would only would like to confirm your printer firmware is up to date?

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I have the same old firmware version, but I cannot update to a newer version either directly from the printer, from the smart app, or by using the exe. File downloaded from the HP website. How can I proceed. 
I have the HP Office Jet Pro 8610.

Thanks

HP Recommended

@aphmd

Welcome to HP support community.

How is the printer connected, USB or Wireless?

Are you getting any error message while installing firmware?

Which operating system is installed on the computer to which this printer is connected?

Reply with the requested information for more assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The printer is wireless. It is connected to a home network, including a PC with Win 7, a laptop with Win 10, iPad, iPhone, and MacBook Pro. All these devices have previously connected successfully to the printer.

If I try to update firmware directly through the printer, I get the message that I have the latest update. If I go to the HP website, there is a firmware update that’s different than my version, and if I try to install it, the installation program won’t let me select my printer to continue the installation. My currently installed firmware is FDP1CN1547AR

HP Recommended

@aphmd

Connect the printer withe the USB cable to the computer and try to update the firmware.

That should do the trick.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.