Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3520e All-in-One Product CX052B
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have just got a spanking new laptop with Windows 10; my previous ran Windows 7.

Go to download the driver from HP and the "Ink Advantage" driver is recommended.  Search as I may, I can find no information to explain how "Ink Advantage" is different from the plain vanilla driver I am accustomed to. 

Before I invest the time to download a driver that I may not want, could this "Ink Advantage" be briefly explained? Does it have anything to do with Instant Ink?  I don't have an ink cartridge subscription & I am wary of this, being a home user. 

Many thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Dinosaurus 

Both printers use the same software.

Full Feature Software

HP Deskjet 3520/Ink Advantage 3520 e-All-in-One Printer series Full Feature Software and Drivers

From what I can glean from the many articles on the 'net, the "Ink Advantage" system uses the same thermal ink technology and is in some way more efficient about the way it uses ink.  I would guess it is / was a method that improves the way printers in a series use ink.

What I could find...

The one model of the Deskjet 3520 "Ink Advantage" printer is the Deskjet Ink Advantage 3525 that came out in 2013, one year after your model.

Regardless, the software is the same for both printers.

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP Deskjet 3520 e-All-in-One Printer

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the assist.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Dinosaurus 

Both printers use the same software.

Full Feature Software

HP Deskjet 3520/Ink Advantage 3520 e-All-in-One Printer series Full Feature Software and Drivers

From what I can glean from the many articles on the 'net, the "Ink Advantage" system uses the same thermal ink technology and is in some way more efficient about the way it uses ink.  I would guess it is / was a method that improves the way printers in a series use ink.

What I could find...

The one model of the Deskjet 3520 "Ink Advantage" printer is the Deskjet Ink Advantage 3525 that came out in 2013, one year after your model.

Regardless, the software is the same for both printers.

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP Deskjet 3520 e-All-in-One Printer

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the assist.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you for your swift & clear response 🙏

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.