Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp8620

I am starting to hate HP SO much. From its bloated "support" pages to the never ending parade of "helpful" sales pitches. I came home to find my printer had auto updated to some ePrint JetAdvantage nonsense that now requires me to register and enter a pin (which NEVER comes). Help, please. How do I just PRINT now???

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
kk40 kk40 Tutor
3/4/15
Product Name: HP JetAdvantage Private Print
New to HP JetAdvantage Private Print? This short guide will get you started and let you know where to turn for help. Private Print is great because:
You don't have to remember which print driver goes to which printer in your office
Your job doesn't print until you walk up to the printer, log in, and retrieve it—now you can safely print sensitive documents to shared printers
No more walking back to your PC to reprint when the printer you wanted to use ended up being jammed, out of ink/toner, out of paper, or loaded with the wrong kind of paper
No more "print & sprint" when you have a job requiring labels or specialty media on a shared printer

Setting up your account and printing to your Private Print queue
If your organization is using Private Print, then your IT administrator will have created an HP JetAdvantage On Demand user account for you. Check your inbox for your activation email—if it's not there, ask your admin to resend it.

Once you've found the activation email, click the activation link. Your web browser will load a page where you can set your password and accept the HP JetAdvantage On Demand Terms of Service. Be sure to choose a password you can remember, because you'll have to enter it once on each printer you use in the office.

Next you'll be asked to sign in to your account using your email address and password. (Be sure to use the same email address the activation email was sent to.) The first time you sign in, you'll be taken through a guided setup wizard that will help you download the right print driver for your system. If you're using Windows, you'll be prompted to download and install the HP ePrint + JetAdvantage print driver. Mac users will be asked to download and install the "PDF Workflow Utility." Open the downloaded file if it doesn't open automatically.

Windows users:
During installation you'll be asked to agree to the driver's End-User License Agreement (EULA). On the same page as the EULA checkbox is a button labeled "Installation Settings." If you don't want the HP ePrint + JetAdvantage driver to become your default print driver, you can click this button and change your preference. Once you've checked the EULA checkbox, click Install.
A short while later, the driver will ask you to sign in to your HP JetAdvantage On Demand account using your email address and the password you set earlier. If you keep the Remember Me checkbox checked, you won't have to sign in again to Private Print from this PC.
Mac users can learn how to install and print using the PDF Workflow Utility from this article.

The wizard will guide you to print a test page. For Windows users, you can print anything to your Private Print queue by choosing HP ePrint + JetAdvantage as your printer whenever you print.

After you click the Logout button on the last step of the wizard, the next time you sign in from your browser you'll be taken to the Dashboard. From here you can manage your personal account settings and your Private Print queue. Documents will stay in your queue for three days by default, but your administrator can change this value. You can delete documents from your queue either when you print them or by logging in from your PC and going to your queue.

Want to print a document from your iOS or Android phone or tablet? Get the HP JetAdvantage On Demand app and send documents directly from your device to your Private Print queue.

Printing from your queue to an HP printer
First, find out which HP printers your IT administrator has set up for Private Print. Walk up to any one of them and either:
Touch the More Apps or HP JetAdvantage button on the device control panel. This is what you'll see on high-end LaserJet Enterprise and OfficeJet Enterprise models.
If the device is a LaserJet Pro or OfficeJet Pro model, touch the Apps buttons, and then locate and touch the Private Print app.
In either case, you'll next enter your account email address and password. You'll see an option here to set a PIN code to replace your password on this printer for future ease of use. If your IT administrator has configured a card reader, you'll also see an option to use your ID badge as your password on this device in the future.

Finish signing in and you'll see the Private Print app button—touch this button to bring up your Private Print queue. Select the files you wish to print as well as any print options (for example, two-sided printing), and touch Print. Unless you chose the option to delete the job after printing, the print job will stay in your queue until it expires automatically.

Pro tip #1: Your documents are encrypted and secure—neither HP nor your account administrator can see the contents of your Private Print queue.

Pro tip #2: You can send documents from your Apple iPhone, iPad, or Android device directly into your Private Print queue with our app. Download and install the Apple iOS or Android version and you'll be on your way. If your administrator has allowed it, you can also use the apps to print documents from your Private Print queue to printers on your local wireless network using Apple Airplay or Android's native print capabilities.

We hope this answers many of your questions! If you have problems your admin can't address, post them here or use our online chat support in the quick links below.

QUICK LINKS
Help articles
Community forum home
Sign in to HP JetAdvantage On Demand

HP Recommended

This registration process to HP and this ink thing is crazy.  Im not giving you people my credit card number.  This is the way peoples identity gets stolen.  BTW im a 20 year security professional.  

All I wanted was a wifi printer.  Thats it!  Not a life long best friend that ownes my credit card.  A **bleep** printer.  I will not be recommending HP.

HP Recommended

My printer won't print and I keepgetting this HPePrint form to fill in, which I do not understand. Can anyone tell me how to get my printer working again. please.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.