Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 8615
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Like the previous poster with this question, my son was trying to print out a document created in Microsoft Publisher (2010) with embedded pictures.  The document looked fine in print preview and printed fine in B&W on our Dell laser printer but the pictures came out the wrong size and truncated when we printed on the HP 8615.  I lost count of the number of times we must have tried all sorts of different options and reprinted (e.g. cropping) - all to no avail.  I assume there must be something wrong with the printer driver if other printers can work perfectly.  Can anyone point me to the correct solution.  It works out expensive if he has to print all his homework ten times ...

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hey there! @BorderReiver, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand that your printer is printing the incorrect size pictures.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot Paper Mismatch error.

In the program, you want to print from, click File, and then click Print.
Make sure your printer is in the Name or Printers drop-down list box, and then click Properties, Printer Properties or Preferences.
Click the Paper/Quality tab.
Click Advanced, if necessary, and then click Paper Size.
Select the paper size that matches the size and type of paper loaded in the printer tray, and then click OK. If there are no matching paper sizes, select the size from the list that is closest to the size of the paper loaded in the tray.
Click OK, and then try to print.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot paper mismatch errors: http://hp.care/2fDCyFc

Please let me know the outcome.

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Chetan,

thank you for taking the time to respond.  However, you haven't understood the problem (or I didn't explain it very well).  If one embeds a small picture in, for example, a Microsoft publisher document; it looks fine on the screen and it prints out fine on a B&W laser printer.  However, when we print out the document on our HP8615, the content of the picture appears to be too big for the frame in which it is embedded and part of it gets truncated.  This happens regardless of attempts to crop or compress the picture.  I don't have an example to hand otherwise I would try to attach a scan to explain it better. 

An analogy is given below.  Pretend the box is a text box in Publisher and the picture is the text 'abcdef'.

+----------+

|    abcdef   |

+----------+

That is what it looks like in print preview and on a B&W laser output.

However, what comes out on the HP8615 is more like:

+----------+

|    A B C D   |

+----------+

i.e. the content of the picture is too big for the frame and gets truncated.

Hope that helps?

HP Recommended

Hey there! @BorderReiver, thanks for the response.

Thanks for explaining it in brief. I have understood the situation it looks like it's an issue with the printer driver.

Please uninstall the printer driver from your PC restart your PC and install the printer driver from the link below.

Link: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL51184/bi-124093-4/OJ8610_198.exe

Hope hear from you soon!

Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Chetan,

Sadly that has not helped solve the problem.

I uninstalled the software (using the uninstall facility in Print & Scan doctor) then reinstalled it from the given link, yet the problem still occurs.  Attached are three images showing the same part of the document as:-

1)  A screen scapture of the print preview

2)  A scan of the B&W print

3)  A scan of the the colour print output from the HP 8615 showing the problem.

Any other ideas?

1)

Capture2.JPG

2)

HP Print2 (571x640).jpg

3)

HP Print1 (553x640).jpg

HP Recommended

Hi! @BorderReiver, thanks for the response.

As you mentioned that you still have issues even after updating the drivers.

Can you uninstall Microsoft office from your PC and Reinstall Microsoft office?

Or can you use a different application to print the Microsoft publisher files?

Hope to hear from your soon!

Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Chetan,

thank you for your suggestion.  I am reluctant to uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Office since, apart from the amount of time required to do so, it will require reapplying all the numerous software updates since 2010.  I may try some other options in the mean time ...

HP Recommended

As you mentioned you don't want to uninstall Microsoft office.

Can you try converting .PUB (Publisher) Files to PDF and print the PDF file and check if the issue still persists.

Let me know how it goes!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sadly this may now take longer than expected as my son decided to delete his homework!

When I get some time, I'll try and recreate the scenario.

HP Recommended

Please take your time to check.

We will try our best to help you out with your issue.

Hope to hear from your soon!

Take care! Have a wonderful day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.