Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When will an updated driver compatible with Catalina be available for OfficeJet 4654?

OfficeJet 4654 with Mac Catalina 10.15
Other

Neither printer nor scanner work following my upgrade to Catalina. HP is extremely unresponsive. What's going on. I'm being charged monthly for instant ink, can't print or scan, and HP isn't responding to inquiries. Very frustrating. One more day, and I'll need to buy a new printer. Guarantee it won't be an HP unless I hear back from them soon!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When will an updated driver compatible with Catalina be available for OfficeJet 4654?

I am right there with you and I am embarrassed on this idiotic company's behalf. Apple gave everyone ample time in understanding that they were moving from 32-bit to 64-bit, yet HP is vastly inept and is leaving its customers in the dust. And the fact that there is no way to contact them besides calling a lousy number to get to a representative that knows nothing? Wow, HP, you really are the poster child for customer service! I don't think they understand how serious of an issue this is — people, like myself, rely on our home printers for employment and everyday life.

HP, get your act together before we all drop you. I am ashamed to be supporting such idiocy. Very representative of the times, however.

IF YOU SEE THIS AND YOU HAVE NOT UPDATED TO CATALINA, HOLD OFF.

0 Kudos
Level 2
20 15 1 2
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

..any news on updated s/w yet?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 and Catalina incompatible. 

First, to be clear, I love my HP printer...

...but HP support truly off the rails.

I spent a couple of hours trying the usual fixes on y own. Then 45 minutes with HP support with a fellow who spoke poorly and understood English even less. Multiple phonetic re-spellings to get even the most basic info clear. 

He then referred me to a tech who was even worse in clarity and manner.  At the end he said "your computer" is the problem.  I tried to clarify if he meant the hardware or the OS. He got shirty.

He then said he needed to refer me to a third person but for a charge to fix this.  I said there must surely be new drivers or a firmware upgrade that is available for everyone at no charge.  He said not. I asked to escalate to a supervisor. He said there was nothing more to be said. He hung up. Truly awful. I hope HP leadership is aware of this unfolding mess.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation