Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (60 Views)

Where can I find software update that allows me to use Costco Ink refills in OFFICEJET 4655

Product Name: OFFICEJET 4655
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I understand that HP put in an update that does not allow the use of Costco ink refills, and that due to customer pressure I have the ability to get a hardware update that allows me to use the ink of my choosing. Where can I get update for HP OFFICEJET 4655

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (34 Views)

Re: Where can I find software update that allows me to use Costco Ink refills in OFFICEJET 4655

Hello, @SteveK4508 – Hope you are well Smiley Happy

I read your post about the printer issue and wanted to stop in to share my suggestions with you Smiley Happy

Going through your post, I understand that the printer is not accepting the refilled cartridges on your Officejet printer.

Now, HP did not block the usage of refilled cartridges for your printer series. That particular software update was for a completely different printer series and a firmware update to remove the same was also rolled out. Check the affected list here: http://hp.care/2se9b78 

Hence, the issue here seems to be either with the refilled cartridge or with the printer itself. You can try using a different cartridge and check to isolate the issue.

Also, check few steps listed here to resolve common cartridge related issues: http://hp.care/2sQ78pv 

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Good luck Smiley Happy

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation