Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet 3050?
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I try to connect my  HP Laserjet to my Dell computer.  I checked under Devices and Printers and found the printer under "unspecifed" but not under Printers. 

I can't print a thing. I called Dell and they told me that HP must have drivers to download that would enable me to attach this printer.

Can anyone direct me to the correct HP link, please????????????????? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Landy99

Your printer is a bit old. Please go to the following link to download all available drivers and install to your computer

https://support.hp.com/au-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-laserjet-3050-all-in-one-printer/1140783

Hope this helps.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Landy99

Your printer is a bit old. Please go to the following link to download all available drivers and install to your computer

https://support.hp.com/au-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-laserjet-3050-all-in-one-printer/1140783

Hope this helps.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your answer and the link.

I found the printer under Firmware as HP LaserJet 3050 Update...

I downloaded it but the printer is not shown in: Select Printer to Update Menu.

As the name of the printer is not shown in the menu, I can't update. I tried to type the name of the printer manually but that didn't work either. :Crying:

What should I do now?

Please advice. 

HP Recommended

I downloaded the "firmware" instead of the "dot" file. Now I downloaded the correct file, and it WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah! Thank you!  

HP Recommended

Thanks, Banhien, it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.