Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
DOffice jet 5200
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cannot find my PIN for my wireless connection, where can it be found

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ctorn, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Kindly refer to this document for more info on WPS PIN.

The PIN is temporarily shown on the printer touchscreen or is on an information sheet that automatically prints. You have a short time (90 seconds for many models) to enter the PIN before it becomes invalid.

To know how to connect the printer using WPS method, watch this video (applies to the Officejet 5200 printer)

If you are trying to connect the printer on the wireless network, follow these steps: (Alternative to WPS method)

1. On the printer screen, go to Setup > Network > Restore network defaults.
  2. Now go back to Network > Wireless > Wireless setup wizard > choose your wireless network, put in the password.
  3. The blue wireless light will turn to steady from blinking.

Also, make sure the printer and the PC are connected to the same wireless network.

This printer only supports 2.4GHz network.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.