HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,795 12,338 1,164 2,378
Message 11 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wi-Fi connection Issue

@Nanblues,

I read your response and appreciate what you say. As stated earlier we would not know the security settings of the router. Please contact the technician who set it up for you. Now I will also check on this and get back to as quickly as possible.

Thanks and have a great day ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Nanblues Tutor
Tutor
8 7 0 1
Message 12 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wi-Fi connection Issue

Here is a copy of my security settings for the Modem

Screen Shot 2018-09-23 .jpg.jpg

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,795 12,338 1,164 2,378
Message 13 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wi-Fi connection Issue

@Nanblues,

I read the quick response. The case is with my research team. I will be getting back to you regarding this as quickly as possible after some research is done. You don't need to share the network settings of the router.

Let me try to make my self clear to you here. I may not have been explaining the situation correctly so far.

• What I am trying to convey is this.
  • Every home network in the world for every user who uses a router will have the following parameters exclusively known only to that person, his or her ISP or the IT person who setup the router and network for them.
  • So coming to your home network.
  • No one but you will be aware of your user name or Network name (SSID) and network password to connect to your home network. It is exclusive to you and nobody in the world will know about it.
  • Similarly the wireless Encryption TKIP or AES protocol are exclusive to this router and only your IT technician, or ISP or the person who setup the network will be aware of what security encryption is being used to connect to the router. Whether it is TKIP or AES. Nobody else except this person should be aware of it as it is a private network. Your personal information should not be shared with anyone as it is confidential.
  • That is exactly the reason as to why I asked you to contact the person who has setup the router and the network for you. Also he must have given you some paperwork regarding this that you could refer to f to connect. But please don't share any such information in your forum post as it is exclusive to you and highly confidential.
  • Hope this answers your question.

Thanks and have a great day ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Nanblues Tutor
Tutor
8 7 0 1
Message 14 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wi-Fi connection Issue

I have resolved the issue by pretty much going back to my old set up less the Comcast Modem. I plugged my old Airport base station into the Arris Modem and set it up as Bridge Mode. I created a wireless network just for the HP printer. Now all works as it did before. I assume there is different security with the Apple Airport Base Station VS the security of the Arris or Comcast Modem. My OfficeJet 5740 is not that old, but I guess it is too old to operate with the newer security sysstems in place. Maybe there should be a fix for this. 

Thanks for all the help with this. Using the printer now with my current setup is not what I wanted but it works.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
5,478 4,662 304 287
Message 15 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wi-Fi connection Issue

@Nanblues

Glad to hear that the printer is working fine with the old Comcast Modem.

HP printers are compatible with AES and TKIP encrypted networks, however AES encryption works better since its more secure. You could also try updating the router firmware.

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation