Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
c5280
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Upgrades to windows 10 start tomorrow. Will my C5280 printer still work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Bob742,

Yes! C5280 will work and is supported on Windows 10.

I checked and verified that it appears the Win10 driver link for this device is missing: this is something we are currently working on to resolve.

In the interim, let me suggest you download and install the Windows 8.1 drivers: these have been tested and proved working on Windows 10.

To get to the Windows 8.1 drivers.

1. Search for your device on hp.com/Support/Download Drivers.
  2. Take Option2: 'Go directly to the Software & Driver results'.
  3. On the banner on your screen that says 'Operating System' click edit and change Windows Version to 'Microsoft Windows 8.1'.
  4. You should now see the printer's name, version, date, and a Download button: click it and download and install the software for your device.
  5. Important: Unplug your device 1st before installing software.

Regards,
HardCopy (I am employed by HP) [If this was helpful, please mark this 'Solved' or 'Accept as Solution' so others can find this too]

How to Give Kudos | How to mark as Solved

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

When the final release of Windows 10 is available, check the HP web site for updated drivers.

Also, you should not upgrade to Windows 10 until at least 6 months after final release.

HP Recommended

Windows 10 is available as from today.

There is apparently no driver. I found the page eventually.   

Is there no way for me to get an email from HP when a driver is available?   

Can anyone tell me if there ever will be a driver?

HP Recommended

Hello Bob742,

Yes! C5280 will work and is supported on Windows 10.

I checked and verified that it appears the Win10 driver link for this device is missing: this is something we are currently working on to resolve.

In the interim, let me suggest you download and install the Windows 8.1 drivers: these have been tested and proved working on Windows 10.

To get to the Windows 8.1 drivers.

1. Search for your device on hp.com/Support/Download Drivers.
  2. Take Option2: 'Go directly to the Software & Driver results'.
  3. On the banner on your screen that says 'Operating System' click edit and change Windows Version to 'Microsoft Windows 8.1'.
  4. You should now see the printer's name, version, date, and a Download button: click it and download and install the software for your device.
  5. Important: Unplug your device 1st before installing software.

Regards,
HardCopy (I am employed by HP) [If this was helpful, please mark this 'Solved' or 'Accept as Solution' so others can find this too]

How to Give Kudos | How to mark as Solved
HP Recommended

Well, I installed the Windows 10 driver and 75% of the printer works :

One function is missing :

with Windows XP I had the function "Transfer image" and I could print CD/DVD covers.

I don't see it with the Windows 10 driver ?!?

Any help? Thanks in advance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.