Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Will not power off, status bar frozen

HP C4780
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently loaded this printer onto my computer.  We have had the printer for a long time but I don't use it very frequently.  Recently I upgraded my computer and OS to Windows 10.  I have been trying to install the driver and get the printer working for two days.  At first it seemed as if everything was going well, and at that point I tried to set up Wireless printing.  This was unsuccessful and I gave up.  I had planned on setting up USB (which is fine as I do not use this printer often).  But ever since, the printer has been stuck with power on and the status bar on.  I have removed and reloaded the C4780 driver several times.  I have unplugged the power and the usb cords from the printer several times, even over night without success.  I cannot find any information for a hard reset on the printer.  Wondering what to do.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
1193 1193 71 81
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Will not power off, status bar frozen

@sbreitmd,

Thank you for reaching out to the HP Support community!

• Are you able to remove the ink cartridges from the printer?

Let's try to perform a Power Reset on the printer. This may fix the issue.

• Make sure this printer is plugged into a direct wall, not a surge protector.
  • Turn the printer on.
  • Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  • Remove all of your ink cartridges from the printer and close the door.
  • With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  • Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Disconnect the USB cable
  • Wait at least 60 seconds.
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  • Reconnect the USB cable
  • Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on. The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
  • Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
  • Reinsert the ink cartridges, and then close the ink cartridge access door.
  • Check if you can print/copy
  • If the issue persists, try connecting the printer to a different wall outlet and check.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “KudosThumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping.

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation