Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 7644
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printer will not print color.  I am subscribed to HP Instant Ink, and all cartridges are new within 3 months.  All ink levels are full.  I am hesitant to try several "fixes", since the paper count goes against my Instant Ink account.  Has anyone had/solved this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@4407L

Thank you for your reply. 

As @A4Apollo is out of the office today, I'm replying to you. I truly appreciate your patience and efforts.

• You could search for Control Panel in Cortana and open it.
  • In Control panel, go to Hardware and Sound and then click on Devices and Printers.The below image is an example of how it looks:

• Right click on your printer and select "Remove device".
  • Then type Command in Windows search (cortana) and open it.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers.
  • Download and install the full feature printer software using this link: https://hp.care/2AUlau3

Once you have completed the steps, please try to print. If the issue persists refer this article to further troubleshoot print quality issues with your printer.Link: https://hp.care/2EgKyYi

I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Let me know how it goes.

All the best! 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi! @4407L, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you have issues printing in color from your printer.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Are you able to make a color copy from your printer?

Have you tried checking with a different ink cartridge?

Have you tried printing from a different application? Does the issue persist?

Try replacing low or empty ink cartridges on your printer.

Try printing a Print Quality Diagnostic report and check if the printer is printing in color.

Follow these steps to print a Print Quality Diagnostic report.

1.Load U.S. Letter or A4 size, unused, plain white paper into the input tray.

2.On the printer control panel, swipe the display to the left, and then touch Setup (). The Setup menu displays.

3.Touch Reports, and then touch Print Quality Report. A Print Quality Diagnostic page prints.

If the copy is working fine and if the diagnostics page prints in color. Uninstall the printer software from root level on your PC and install the full feature printer software on your PC.

In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.

Select your HP printer.

Select Uninstall.

In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.

In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”

Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.

Type printui.exe /s and click OK.

Click on Drivers tab.

Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click remove at the bottom.

Select OK.

Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.

Close Devices and Printers.

Download and install the full feature printer software using this link: https://hp.care/2AUlau3

Refer this article to further troubleshoot print quality issues with your printer.Link: https://hp.care/2EgKyYi

Also, if the issue still persists please share the instant ink account details in a private message to assist you better.

Instant ink account number-

Instant ink email Address-

Instant ink shipping address-

Printer model and serial number-

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

MrRobot,

I am sorry for the delayed reply.  I was out of town until this afternoon.  The Print Diagnostic prints in color- no problem.

In your reply, you said to "Search for Programs and Features".   Unfortunately, I am not too familiar with Windows 10, and am unable to find "Programs and Features" when searching trough the Cortana  search window.  I also tried Win+X . but cannot find it there either.

In Settings/Devices/Printers and Scanners, I see my printer as:

HPC8D3FFC9891B (HP ENVY 7640 series)

Default, App available for this device

Also, another device listed as: HP ENVY 7640 series

App available for this device

HP Recommended

@4407L

Thank you for your reply. 

As @A4Apollo is out of the office today, I'm replying to you. I truly appreciate your patience and efforts.

• You could search for Control Panel in Cortana and open it.
  • In Control panel, go to Hardware and Sound and then click on Devices and Printers.The below image is an example of how it looks:

• Right click on your printer and select "Remove device".
  • Then type Command in Windows search (cortana) and open it.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers.
  • Download and install the full feature printer software using this link: https://hp.care/2AUlau3

Once you have completed the steps, please try to print. If the issue persists refer this article to further troubleshoot print quality issues with your printer.Link: https://hp.care/2EgKyYi

I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Let me know how it goes.

All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thanks a million. The re-install did the trick- Now printing in living color!

HP Recommended

@4407L

You're most welcome. You have been fabulous to work with considering your superb technical skills and valuable patience. Kudos to you for that.

Glad to know that the printer is printing in color. 

It is an honor to share this platform with you.

Happy printing! 🙂 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.