Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp scan jet 4890
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Looking for Windows 10 Drivers for scanjet 4890

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Unfortunately, there are no Win 10 drivers available.

Cna you try this instead?  It may not have the features you have previously but at least it ay be able to scan.

HP Scan Extended

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/scanners/HPScanExt/HPScanExt.msi

Once it's downloaded and installed, go to Start > All Programs > HP > HP Scan Extended > Run "HP Scan Extended"

Let us know if that works.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

When you run HP San Extender it give you three choices 

changee

repair

remove

I chose "change" nothing happens. What next

HP Recommended

Hi,

Would suggest to uninstall all the drivers and then try HP Scan extended.

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

When I run HP Scan Extended, the Scanjet 4890 appears to scan ok but I do not get any review. A small box very briefly appears on top left but that is it. It is to quick to see what is in the box. Otherwise, there is no indication that a scan has taken place. Suggestion? 

HP Recommended

When I run HP Scan Extended I get a message that the HP imaging device was not found.  It is connected by USB and is on.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.