Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3635
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi HP,

My PC can't detect my printer. On Windows 10 build 15063.0 it works fine. After updating to build 15063.608, I can't print anymore. I've installed the latest printer driver but no luck.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @SaktisImpreza – Greetings!

Thanks for engaging in the HP Forums! I see by your post that you are having trouble with your HP printer. I will certainly do my best to help you 🙂

Going through your post, I understand that printer is having trouble printing with your Deskjet printer.

Let’s first try to fix this issue using HP Print and Scan Doctor (PSDR). PSDR is an automated tool which can diagnose and resolve printing and scanning problems. Please go to http://hp.care/2bZ9w2q to download and run HP PSDR. Once you open the program, select your printer and click on “Fix Printing” to automatically diagnose and fix the issue. 

If the issue persists, then I’d suggest you perform a clean install to try and fix the issue:

• First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Deskjet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Now click http://hp.care/2s39gqS  to install the software.
  • Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

Those steps should do the trick, let me know the outcome!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello, @SaktisImpreza – Greetings!

Thanks for engaging in the HP Forums! I see by your post that you are having trouble with your HP printer. I will certainly do my best to help you 🙂

Going through your post, I understand that printer is having trouble printing with your Deskjet printer.

Let’s first try to fix this issue using HP Print and Scan Doctor (PSDR). PSDR is an automated tool which can diagnose and resolve printing and scanning problems. Please go to http://hp.care/2bZ9w2q to download and run HP PSDR. Once you open the program, select your printer and click on “Fix Printing” to automatically diagnose and fix the issue. 

If the issue persists, then I’d suggest you perform a clean install to try and fix the issue:

• First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Deskjet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Now click http://hp.care/2s39gqS  to install the software.
  • Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

Those steps should do the trick, let me know the outcome!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I am having this exact same issue. When windows 10 updated to build 15063.608 my printer will no longer work. It does not show up on the network. When I go to install the drivers it hangs on the installing network printer.

Your solution does not work.

HP Recommended
Thank you HP!
HP Recommended

Hello, @SaktisImpreza

Thanks for the update & Great stuff! Glad to know that you were able to fix the issue 🙂

Visit us again if you have any concerns!

Thank you again and may you also have a great day and even better tomorrow 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Trying to install the HP 450 CBi portable printer for my Windows 10 Pro x4 desktop.  The dj450 appears in the unspecified section of Devices and Printers, but does not appear in the Printers section.  Have looked for Windows 10 drivers but no luck.  The HP download sezs it will automatically use the Winows driver but no luck here.  Is the HP 450 CBi printer supported by Windows 10?

thanks, Bob

HP Recommended

Hi Bob,

I am having the same problem and saw this thread. Did you get it working? I see there were no replies for you.

I have a Lenovo 720 with Win 10 64bit. Shows up in device manager as unspecified and says no drivers are neccessary. But since Printers can't see it, you can't print to it.

Regards,

Robert

HP Recommended

hi Robert, no actually got rid of the printer, that solved my problem.  Good Luck

Bob

HP Recommended

Thanks to Dvortex.  My problem wasn't printing. It was sending a fax. The HP Support Assistant doesn't even mention fax problems but running it led to fixing my problem.

I actually don't know if it was something the Support Assistant itself did or its instruction to power off and on the printer. I may not have done that since getting my new, Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 Pro. That was just a month or so ago. I just assumed the printer was working because it was printing. But I guess faxing requires something additional.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.