Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 5820
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I want help to reset my admin password of my hp GT 5820 printer. if you would just send me the details and step by step procedure to do, it would be of great help to me!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Abarranco

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, MKazi is at your service. 

I understand that you would like to reset the admin password for your HP DeskJet GT 5820 All-in-One Printer. I'll be glad to assist you with this case.

You may attempt a restore network defaults on your printer and check if it removes the admin password. The restore network defaults can be performed using the following steps:

NOTE: by doing this step, the printer will loose the network connectivity and you will have to re-connect to the wireless network again.

If the printer still required the admin password then you may reset the printer to its factory settings. I have sent you a private message with the printer reset steps. 

I genuinely hope this information helps. Feel free to let me know how it goes.

Good luck! 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Abarranco

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, MKazi is at your service. 

I understand that you would like to reset the admin password for your HP DeskJet GT 5820 All-in-One Printer. I'll be glad to assist you with this case.

You may attempt a restore network defaults on your printer and check if it removes the admin password. The restore network defaults can be performed using the following steps:

NOTE: by doing this step, the printer will loose the network connectivity and you will have to re-connect to the wireless network again.

If the printer still required the admin password then you may reset the printer to its factory settings. I have sent you a private message with the printer reset steps. 

I genuinely hope this information helps. Feel free to let me know how it goes.

Good luck! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.