Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5530
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

My all in one has connected to my mac; however, I am never able to scan from the mac (only from my windows computer).  Also, many times when I attempt to print from my mac through the all in one, the printer shows idle but will not print.  I always have to reset the printing system.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Pashleigh

A warm welcome to HP Community! I'd like to help.

What's the make and model of your WiFi router?

Do you have any antivirus software installed on your Mac?

Approximately how far is the printer located from the WiFi router?

Could you check for WiFi interference and also perform a ping test using the Mac Network Utility and let me know the results. Use the printer IP address to perform a ping test, the printer IP can be located by touching the wireless icon on the printer display.

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm sorry but I don't even know how to begin doing all of that?

HP Recommended

@Pashleigh

You can usually find the WiFi router model information on a sticker on the bottom or back of the router. You may use the steps available here to check for WiFi interference.

Instructions on how to perform a ping test can be found here, use the printer IP address to perform a ping test, the printer IP can be located by touching the wireless icon on the printer display.

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.