RonJonPub Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

and System Software Version

HP Officejet 150 Mobile L511
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Will this printer work with this system? I get NO error messages, no errors, no warnings. Everything appears normal. Plugged in to AC. USB connection to computer. A sheet comes through the printer (normally) but there is NO image on the sheet. Have cleaned at every level. Thanks.

5 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
645 48 44
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post

@RonJonPub

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

As per the document available here, HP Officejet 150 Mobile All-in-One Printer series is compatible with MacOS 10.13 High Sierra. Could you print a print quality test report and let me know the results, in order to print the report:

On the printer control panel, touch Setup, touch Reports, and then touch Print Quality Diagnostic Report.

senan6806
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
RonJonPub Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post

Not sure how to describe something visual. 

Black type looks pretty good. Large type at top has a few (white) horizontal lines through it. Small type looks okay.

Vertical (thin) color bars near top  all look "rough" but can't tell if lines are showing up there or not.

Big horizontal color bars are preetty awful with lines and greyed-out areas in all of them.

What next? 

Do you want me to try a black replacement cartridge? We use this printer VERY little - maybe TWO pages (black only) in a MONTH or more. I was assuming cartridge had dried up. I went through the 3 cleaning levels but no help.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
645 48 44
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post

@RonJonPub

You are welcome!

Power resetting the printer then performing an automated and manual cartridge cleaning may resolve the issue. Let's try these steps:

1) Make sure this printer is plugged into a direct wall, not a surge protector

2) Remove all of your ink cartridges from the printer and close the door

3) Remove the power cord from the back of the printer (Do no press the power button)

4) Clean the electrical contacts, refer to solution 3 from this document.

5) Plug the power cord back into the printer

6) Wait for the printer to turn on completely, then install the ink cartridges.

7) On the product control panel, touch the Right Arrow () to display the second navigation screen.

8) Touch Setup ().

9.) Touch Tools, and then touch Clean Ink Cartridges.

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

senan6806
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
RonJonPub Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post

I followed the steps exactly and No Joy. Printing Test Report looks the same as before. Let me find a replacement Black to test that option next.

Thanks.

Ron Jones

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
645 48 44
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post

@RonJonPub

It's possible that the black cartridge is defective. Its a good idea to try with a different black cartridge.

Let me know if the print quality improves with the new black cartridge.

Keep me posted!

senan6806
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation