Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8720
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After updating print apps on my OfficeJet 8720 and receiving the new apps that are available and then shutting down the printer and restartingm, when going to the same screen the new updated apps are completely deleted and just the icon update print apps is showing.  Im quite sure this is not suppose to happen.

Just so you know.  I did have an ongoing case number and was talking to the cloud dept last Friday.  The tech said that I was to purchase a cable and connect it to the computer so I would not be using WiFi because he wanted to download the newest firmware (Incidentally I actually did it after he mentioned it unless he was going to have a more efficient way of doing this) since he said this would be a safer and more efficient way of downloading the firmware.  He wanted to download the firmware because he felt this very well might solve the problem of the deleting apps situation.  I tried to reconnect with the cloud dept today Frday 3/20 and the **bleep** system insisted I first try virtual agent which of course would be no help at al to me or to give the case number which I lost or misplaced so this could not be an option.  I could not be connected to the cloud dept to continue my case with that department. This is so **bleep** inefficient!  In any case this is why I have to continue my query here!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@olblueeyes1

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.