Top Student
6 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

can't get any info on my carepack warranty for my hp envy 7640

hp envy 7640
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I purchased a 3 year care pack warranty for my hp envy printer 7640 on January 5, 2018. I keep having to register with serial number etc, but I get NO information regarding my carepack warranty. It said it would be "shipped", a customer rep said it would be emailed, the only email I got after paying the $24.99 is asking for product information and the customer service rep would register my printer for me.  

I don't see anything, or have not ever recieved, an email or anything else regarding this issue. I have called and called, get no answers. I have initiated a dispute via paypal. I would just like to know if the $24.99 I paid for the warranty is valid and no where does it tell me this. I can't get any answers from anyone at HP. This is giving me so much anxiety as it has been 3 months now and nothing back regarding this warranty/care pack. I hope someone here can help me. Thank you! 

5 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
19984 1649 6417
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mopey63

I am not sure whether it is relevant -- assuming HP accepts PayPal for the purchase of Warranty services -- if the charge has been disputed, does that mean you revoked payment?  NOTE:  The question is Rhetorical -- I do not need nor do I expect an answer.

If you purchased the Care Pack from HP, there should be a record of the purchase at HP.

Please contact HP Consumer Services (link below).

Optional Coverage Plans

Enter your product number in the form to view available Warranty plans for your computer

CarePack Definitions

Care Pack, Service Purchase Options, Contact Information

Verify the number on the website before you call.

I have asked that someone take a look at your inquiry.

Option:  HP Agent Response on Forum

You can choose to wait for an HP Agent to respond to your request.

The following applies to HP agent response on our community forum:

• An HP agent will post back before contacting you privately
  • HP agent response times vary widely – this forum is not HP Technical Support
  • HP agent response is NOT guaranteed - this is a community forum
  • Be aware of scams and thieves that crawl out from under the rocks – READ the warnings

Please take the time to read the warnings regarding thieves and vermin:

Scams and Unscrupulous Contacts – Please READ

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
16397 212 858
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mopey63

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
mopey63 Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Based on your product's warranty no Care Pack options apply, however time & materials services and possible contractual offerings may be available – please contact HP Support for details.

This above is the message I recieved. I put in my serial number etc, and sent it to hp registration team, it IS showing on my purchases, there  is no information on it when I go to look up this warranty info.  

I am new to this blog, thank you for your information, sorry to Dragon-fur for replying when being told no reply was needed or necessary.

HP never helped me registering this, even after all the attempted phone calls and emails to them. So i'm not even sure what to do at this point anymore.

Thank you for your replies, I will try to figure out how to give you a thumbs up for replying to my question.

Sincerely

Mopey

0 Kudos
mopey63 Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

**please note, although the charge was disputed with paypal,  the money was never recieved back, they keep closing it as they can't get in touch with hp either,

My product is showing an order for this and it was bought and paid for however, nothing showing for registration etc for this care pack. 

Just wanted to be clear on that part of it, and the other reply shows the carepack/warranty is not even valid in hp as shown in previous reply by me on here.

mopey63

0 Kudos
mopey63 Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, this is my question noted above, and I had a few people respond, also thank you very much. I still have yet, or rather HP has yet to respond to me. 

I also recieved a private message from Jeff which after reading the statement to be careful of giving out your information on fraud or scammers, I'm afraid to answer this person. Sorry Jeff, I have to be sure from others that you are who you say you are.  I have on file that I bought the HP warranty/carepack, no one has followed up with me in over 2 months to say how to use it, They told me that it would be delivered to my home, then said email. nothing. followed instructions by people on this forum, nothing. Thank you though for your help. It said someone would contact me from HP and I've already given them my serial number etc..nothing back, no one knows what to do when I call the number that was provided to me here. I need help, i'm getting anxiety over this now. Thank you to anyone that can help me, and please let me know if Jeff is credible or not with the private message, again, sorry Jeff, just need to be sure before answering your questions, which are as follows:

Hello mopey63 ,

In order to assist you I will need additional information.  Once I receive your response, I will forward it to my colleagues.

Please include:

Your Full Name:

Contact Number:  No dashes- or dots... No spaces 

Email Address:

Country Location:

Serial Number:

Product Model Name

Any HP Case Numbers or HP Service Ticket numbers:  

Description of issue:

Forum Name:

I look forward to your response,

Best regards,

Jeff Christopher

Executive Escalations

Social Media Ambassador

CS Americas

HP Inc.

Palo Alto

CA

USA

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation