04-19-2019 03:04 AM
I can't Set up my HP Officejet Pro 6978 with my new macbook Pro with High Sierra MacOS 10..13.6.. it says no drivers available and it stalls on the finding printers screen at setup.. see attached
04-20-2019 08:02 AM
Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support community!
- Are the printer and the MAC connected on the same network?
- The WiFi network that you have is that a 2.4GHz or a 5GHz network?
- How far is the printer away from your Router?
- Do you have any security software or antivirus installed on your MAC?
Let's try these restarting the WiFi Router, Printer, and MAC
- Turn off the WiFi router, wait for 60 seconds and turn it back on
- Power Reset the printer
- Make sure this printer is plugged into a direct wall, not a surge protector.
- Turn the printer on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet. Wait at least 60 seconds
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Restart the MAC
- Try to add the printer again
Let me know what happens.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping.
I am an HP Employee