Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
LaserJet M1132 MFP
Other

Use several HP printers (like DeskJet 460, LJ 1018, LJ P1102w etc) with my MacBook Air (late 2013). Everything work well except LJ M1132 MFU.

After OS upgrade mac doesn't see the printer. Wen connected to Windows10 PC printer works fine. Other HP stuff also work.

What's wrong:

- After USB connected I got "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer" message. The only option is "Ignore". If "Retry" - I got error message again.  After "Ignore" I can see "HP LaserJet Professional M1132 MFP" device in USB list. But can't install driver...

- steps on https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04510394 don't help. I see (and can install) only HP LaserJet Professional M1132 MFP Scanner. No M1132 printer in the list. Actually scanner don't work as well. If I try to launch it - the eror "(-9923)" happens...

Looks like something wrong with drivers. "Classical" recommendations don't help

Could someone help to bring my M1132 back to work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

See my post https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Software-and-Drivers/Laserjet-M1132-os-sierra/m-p/6606183/high...

I had the same problem. After trying different solutions: Apple HP drivers 5.1, reset printer service, old drivers, HP apps, even I read about disk permisions.

The problem, "HP Smart Media Install", this is the reason of the message "The disk you inserted is not readable by this computer", in Sierra and High Sierra OS X only sees the printer as a scanner.

The solution that works for me, get a Windows computer, go to HP suppor site, download and install the file LJM1130_M1210_SI_Utility.exe for Windows 8.1. This utility can disable the "HP Smart Install".

After that, when the printer is connected by USB, OS X detects it without any further action.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @DmitryS,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query. I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with your HP LaserJet Pro M1132 Multifunction Printer after upgrading to Mac High Sierra (10.13).

I suggest that you install the built-in Mac drivers from Apple updates from the link:  Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update

Let me know if this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

@Rainbow23 wrote:

I suggest that you install the built-in Mac drivers from Apple updates from the link:  Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update

Unfortunately I can't

The only devise I see during this process - "Scanner" (no MFC1132 "Printer" mentioned). Actually after installed "Scanner" doesn't work too - error "(-9923)"...

On previous MAC OS versions /and for other models like hp1102w/ installation process run OK. I know because performed 'print subsystem' reset and re-installed one 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi @DmitryS,

I read the post. Thanks for the reply. As @Rainbow23 is out of office I am responding on his behalf. You've done great by displaying great efforts and immense patience to try and resolve the issue. It is greatly appreciated and Kudos to you for a job well done. 🙂 Reset Mac printing system from this link: 

http://hp.care/2kcLE2W

Then add the printer as Apple Air Printer by following these steps:

.) Click the Apple menu icon, and then click System Preferences.

2.) Click Printers and Scanners, Print and Scan, or Print and Fax.

3.) In the Printers list, click your HP printer, and then click the Minus button to delete it.

4.) Click the Add button.

5.) Find, and then select the name of your printer from the Printer list, and then click Add to add your printer. Do not select an HP Fax driver.

6.) Click the Use or Print Using box, and then select the name of your printer.

7.)  Then select the AirPrint driver. Once the Apple Air Print option is chosen, select Add to add the printer to the list.

8.) Try to print.

This link: http://hp.care/2kbKe9a  will give you steps to add the AirPrint drivers for your computer.

This should resolve the issue.  

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

See my post https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Software-and-Drivers/Laserjet-M1132-os-sierra/m-p/6606183/high...

I had the same problem. After trying different solutions: Apple HP drivers 5.1, reset printer service, old drivers, HP apps, even I read about disk permisions.

The problem, "HP Smart Media Install", this is the reason of the message "The disk you inserted is not readable by this computer", in Sierra and High Sierra OS X only sees the printer as a scanner.

The solution that works for me, get a Windows computer, go to HP suppor site, download and install the file LJM1130_M1210_SI_Utility.exe for Windows 8.1. This utility can disable the "HP Smart Install".

After that, when the printer is connected by USB, OS X detects it without any further action.

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot! At last it works! 🙂

HP Recommended

Does it means that I have to connect simultaneously two computers? One with Windows second with Mac? Also I understand that it si important to download version for Windows 8.1. Am I right?

HP Recommended

No. You just have to disable the "HP Smart Install" feature on printer. The only way to do it - using utility which exists only on Win platform. It should be done once.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.