11-08-2019 04:41 PM
I cannot print 2-sided documents from Word on my 8710 all in one with new Catalina OS even with new HP driver. I also cannot print 2-sided PDF form the HP Smart app. any suggestions?
11-11-2019 03:26 PM - edited 11-11-2019 03:32 PM
@brr955, Welcome to HP Support Community!
Let us check the settings before we could start troubleshooting. Refer to the document HP Printers - How to Print on Both Sides of the Paper for help.
If the settings are good and the issue persists, follow the steps below-
Ensure that the printer is up to date with its firmware and Mac is up to date with its software. If you are unsure you may use the links below to update the printer firmware and Mac software:
Remove and add the printer
Click the Apple menu, and then select System Preferences.
Depending on your operating system version, click Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners.
Click the name of your printer, click the Minus sign, and then delete the printer.
Click the Plus sign, and then click Add Printer or Scanner.
Click the Use or Print Using box, and then select AirPrint
Click Add to add the printer to the list.
Try to print.
With regards to HP Smart, refer the document HP Printers - Using the HP Smart App (Mac) to check the settings. If the issue persists, follow the steps below-
Removing and re-installing the HP Smart App may resolve this issue. Here is how to do it:
- Open Finder and click Applications
- Move HP Smart App to Trash and clear the Trash.
- Open Finder then click Go and Click Home.
- Click View then Click Show View Options. Check the box Show Library Folder.
- The change is instantaneous and the Library folder will immediately be visible.
- Open Library and Open Application Support, move HP Smart folder to Trash and clear the Trash
- Download and install the HP Smart app and try again.
Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee