Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5530 Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Envy 5530 printer since September 2014 and subscribed to the HP Connected scheme, paid monthly. Love the printer and the scheme. Problem is that, following some problems (probably due to my ignorance), I removed printer from my laptop. I then managed to add it again and it prints perfectly once again. However, I can no longer get it to print on both sides as the option is no longer there (not shown under the Printer Preferences). Meanwhile, I still have the option when I print from my iPad, but not my laptop! Can you help? Alice Thoday

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Support Community.

Can you try these steps to enable the duplex printing:

1. Go to Controil Panel

2.  Select  "View Devices and Printers"

3.  Right Click on the printer and go to Printer Properties

4.  Go to "Device Settings" and ensure that the "Automatic Duplexing Unit" is "Installed"

If that doesn't work, then try to  Uninstall and Reinstall the FULL feature software following these steps:

1. Uninstall the software in your computer
2. Download and save the FULL feature software (do not install it online)

The following resource will help you :
https://support.hp.com/sg-en/drivers

Key in your printer model, Operating System and download & install the FULL feature software.

3. Install the FULL feature “Saved” software

Once you have downloaded and installed the FULL feature software, you will be able to print and scan.

If you are not sure how to do this, the following resource will walk you through the steps:

How to Uninstall Download & Reinstall a Printer software

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Support Community.

Can you try these steps to enable the duplex printing:

1. Go to Controil Panel

2.  Select  "View Devices and Printers"

3.  Right Click on the printer and go to Printer Properties

4.  Go to "Device Settings" and ensure that the "Automatic Duplexing Unit" is "Installed"

If that doesn't work, then try to  Uninstall and Reinstall the FULL feature software following these steps:

1. Uninstall the software in your computer
2. Download and save the FULL feature software (do not install it online)

The following resource will help you :
https://support.hp.com/sg-en/drivers

Key in your printer model, Operating System and download & install the FULL feature software.

3. Install the FULL feature “Saved” software

Once you have downloaded and installed the FULL feature software, you will be able to print and scan.

If you are not sure how to do this, the following resource will walk you through the steps:

How to Uninstall Download & Reinstall a Printer software

Hope that helps!

HP Recommended

Just wanted to say a big thank you for your clear instructions. Not being very computer literate, I waited until I had the time to try out the various suggestions. In the end, the first one did the trick. The Automatic Duplexing Unit said "not installed". Not sure what to do then, I clicked on the down arrow and chose "installed". Hey presto, it did the trick.  It seems so simple when you know how!!  I like having the option of printing on both sides, if I want to, so umpteen thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

Hi @BelMex,

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and all is working well now.

Have a nice day!

HP Recommended

Not sure if this is related but, while double-sided printing on laptop now solved (it was okay on iPad), I now have a problem printing from my iPad!  I tried printing on my iPad but printer now acting very strangely : trying out the double-sided printing, the first side printed fairly normally but the paper then stayed stuck in the tray (which it normally does as ink dries before printing on second side) but it took at least 15 minutes to print second side. Printer window showed "Printing" with the little icon going round and round and round.... Eventually, printing finished.

So, then decided to go back on my laptop to test it out and the same document printed immediately! Why?  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.