10-29-2019 04:14 PM
I cannot print cardstock business cards. it wont pick up and gets stuck. gsm is 176 so it should pick it up.
10-29-2019 04:47 PM
Assuming Full Feature Software is installed
Assuming card sheets are
- not embossed
- Flat without "pieces" of any card poking out from the sheet (forgive the poor description)
- Loaded correctly with five to eight sheets of the card paper - best to have removed the regular paper under the stack of card paper, of course, though some printers are pretty forgiving when everything else is as expected.
- not super glossy (not likely if you are using a standard Avery product, for example)
- not a custom size (which is supported but you do have to select and tell the printer / software what you are doing)
a couple of things / places to check...
Check / Adjust / Retain the Paper at the Printer Panel
Open Printer Tray,
If you have not yet done so, add desired paper type
IF applicable for your printer:
Look for a message on the Printer Control Panel,
Click Modify (wording varies), set the paper size and type, Click OK
NOTE: If the size of the Paper Size is not in the Drop-down list, Select Custom
Set the Preferences - Windows
- The following assumes the Full Feature Software has been installed.
- Check / enable the printer as the “Default Printer”
- Select and adjust settings in each category for the Media (kind of paper), source (tray), and paper size.
Control Panel > icon view > Devices and Printers > Right-Click on your printer > Set as Default
Control Panel > icon view > Devices and Printers > Right-Click on your printer > Printing Preferences >
Tab Printing Shortcuts > Click / Highlight preferred shortcut > Click Apply > Click OK to exit
If the printer software supports the feature, change the settings as desired, then use “Save as” to create a Custom Shortcut.
Windows key + S (search for) Printers and Scanners
Left-Click on (your) Printer > Manage >
Select a shortcut and / or set “preferred settings” for paper, source (tray), other settings
Optional (if / as available): Save As > enter a name for your custom shortcut
Click OK to save the preferences
Media type = Cards or Brochure Matte (or Glossy if applicable)
Source (Tray) = tray 1 / main tray (note that on some printers the main tray is actually tray 2 - be aware)
Size = Letter (or other standard supported size for the media type
It is also possible the printer needs attention (maintenance). Things getting stuck that should not stick is one of the indicators that the printer / rollers might be dirty.
and similar in terms of the solution(s)
Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Printer
Clarification of terms and "what the printer can do" (Specifications)
Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”
NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System
HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), User Guides, Product Information, more
When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic
Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.
We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.
Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!
Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.