Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
3830 all in one printer
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Is there any of the software auto downloadedwhen printer installed that I can remove if not using it--photo creations or others.  I am running out of memeory.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@RB174

Thank you for responding,

As I mentioned before, you are free to remove any application you do not use, that said, here's a few suggestions that may help free extra space on your device: 

Follow the below steps to resolve Low Disk Space issues:

• Run the Disk Cleanup tool, and then at the bottom of the window that pops up, click on "Clean up system files". Check everything, hit OK, and let it run. You will free up several GB for sure.
  • Another thing to do is disable hibernate file. Run CMD as Administrator, and type the following:
  • powercfg hibernate off
  • Enjoy your extra space!

Resolving slow performance & low disk space issues on your windows 7 device: Click here

Keep us posted, 

(We shall troubleshoot as a team, fight till the end and emerge victorious)

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

feel free to give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" button.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@RB174

Welcome to HP Forums,

I recommend you mention the product name/number of the computer you have an issue with, so that an accurate solution can be provided, besides the error message - running out of memory - when does it appear & does it have any error codes as such?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do (if it's the Error: Low Disk Space) - Click here

That said, you can always remove all the software you don't use on the device.

Keep me posted,

For I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed, and your device is up and running again, if you don't get back to us 😉 

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Apologies 🙂 new to forums, I put info on "everyone's tags"????. I have a Dell computer-windows 7 ulltimate, 32bit processor and a HP 3830 all in one printer.  I haven't received an "error" message yet, I keep watching local hard Disc "C".   I have 878 MB (of 37.1GB memory) left after todays security updates.   I do not use the photo app, and wondering if touchpoint analytics and product improvement are necessary?  I use the computer for basic, not streaming or on line often.

I am removing documents to an "E" drive to see if that will help.  If there are any suggestions/how -to's I would appreciate the ifo.  Thanks

HP Recommended

@RB174

Thank you for responding,

As I mentioned before, you are free to remove any application you do not use, that said, here's a few suggestions that may help free extra space on your device: 

Follow the below steps to resolve Low Disk Space issues:

• Run the Disk Cleanup tool, and then at the bottom of the window that pops up, click on "Clean up system files". Check everything, hit OK, and let it run. You will free up several GB for sure.
  • Another thing to do is disable hibernate file. Run CMD as Administrator, and type the following:
  • powercfg hibernate off
  • Enjoy your extra space!

Resolving slow performance & low disk space issues on your windows 7 device: Click here

Keep us posted, 

(We shall troubleshoot as a team, fight till the end and emerge victorious)

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

feel free to give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" button.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank You!!  I gained 3.71GB by doing the clean up system files.  The disc available  bar in now blue instead of red.

HP Recommended

@RB174

Thanks for the reply,

It looks like you were interacting with Riddle_Decipher, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out. 

I'm Raj1788 & I'm at your service. 

I'm glad to hear you found the solution you were looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution!

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead.

:)Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.