Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4510
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

WHEN PRINTING COUPONS FROM WEBSITES SUCH AS COUPONS.COM, THE COUPONS PRINT BUT THE BAR CODE IS EITHER COMPLETELY MISSING OR IT DOES NOT SCAN WHEN I TAKE IT TO THE STORE. WHEN PRINTING FROM MY IPHONE, THE BAR CODE IS MISSING. WHEN PRINTING FROM MY COMPUTER, THE BAR CODE IS THERE BUT IT DOESN'T LOOK VERY SHARP AND IT DOES NOT SCAN. I HAVE PRINTED BEAUTIFUL PICTURES FROM MY IPHONE SO I'M NOT SURE WHY IT WON'T PRINT THE BAR CODE. PLEASE HELP!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@hollyL

Some Ideas...

First, make sure the printer is clean, stocked with the proper kind and amount of HP Ink, and able to perform up to its best potential.

Help:

Fixing Print Quality Problems

If you have not done so, consider updating the printer Firmware

Reminder: 

Firmware should be updated only after the Full Feature Software is installed and functional.

Print as Image (Windows)

Bar codes are odd data -- the printer likely cannot translate the content.  Save and Print the data as an image.

Next, for "missing bar" code prints (from the Windows computer), try downloading the page that contains the bar code content and print the saved .PDF file as an image.

Image printing does not require the printer software to translate file content.

Reinstall / Update your PDF Reader (Adobe Reader DC / Foxit Reader)

• HINT: Watch out for and UNCHECK unwanted extra software

Open the offending PDF file > File > Print > Advanced >>

1. Set the printer select the colors

And / Or

1. Print the PDF file as an image

SNIP (Screenshot of content)

Snip the area on the webpage that includes the bar code content, save the file (as .jpg), open the image file in appropriate photo image viewing software (for example Paint or Windows Photo Viewer), print the image.

Snip – available since Vista!  Check out the “delay” feature in Windows 10

Snipping Tool in Windows 10 / 8 / 7: Tips & Tricks to capture screenshots

Firefox now supports its own "Screenshot" method to grab a "picture" of what is on the screen.  (Feature is at least available in the Windows version of the latest version of Firefox.)

AND / OR

Some stores might allow you to show the coupon / bar code on your phone and they scan directly from the webpage image on your phone's screen...

References

Software and drivers - HP ENVY 4510 All-in-One Printer series

User Guide

Dragon Document - Help, suggestions, and examples:

Manage Print Output with Print Preview

Topics / Subjects various, including:

• Print as Image
  • Firefox Screenshot method (Save a screenshot of your web page)

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP devices and technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

THANKS SO MUCH! I WILL GIVE THESE A TRY!

HP Recommended

@hollyL

You are welcome.

I hope one or more of the suggestions provides the result you need.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP devices and technology.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.