Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp officejet 4632
macOS 10.12 Sierra

How do i go about changing double sided printing as a default?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings @tkious2008

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are looking to set duplex printing as the default option for your printer. 

Don't worry, I will be glad to help.

Is the printer working fine?

Are you facing any print quality issues?

Request you to refer to this HP Article for assistance in settings the default print settings on a MAC computer. 

Please follow the procedure mentioned under "Saving default print settings as a new preset" in the article. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My problem is not setting duplex printing as a default. I am trying to turn this off. I do not want every program I print from to use duplex printing.

HP Recommended

Hi @tkious2008,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

As I understand you would like to turn off duplex printing on your HP OfficeJet 4632 printer. Don't worry as I have a few steps which should help you to resolve this issue.

1. On your Mac, open the photo or document you want to print.

2. Click File, and then click Print.

3. Make sure your printer is selected.

4. If you do not see options on the Print dialog box, click Show Details.

5. Select the box Copies and Pages, the drop down menu offers several selections including Layout. 

6. Select or deselect Two-Sided.

For more details, Click here

Also, I request you to check the link: Printing and Changing Print Settings (Mac)

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.