Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Where is this 7960 Win7 64 bit driver or Deskjet 5600 driver whick HP says may work?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

The driver for 5600 for win7, is in the link below let me know if it helped...

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01874725

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'. Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
HP Recommended

Thanks so much, @mtaher13.  I've tried windows update based driver installation on 5 computers running windows 7 32 and 64 bit and I always end up with the 7900 series driver failing to install.  Big red x and "failed".  All other aspects and drivers successfully install except the printer driver for my 7960 photosmart.  The one windows 7 32 bit computer that this 7960 is successfully installed on is my oldest and the printer was installed long ago under windows XP, migrated thru a windows vista upgrade and again migrated thru the current windows 7 upgrade on this one old Dell XPS desktop.  I want to now use the printer on a new windows 7 64 bit desktop (Maingear Shift).  If I could get to the "have disk" option on a manual installation, I would gladly give that one final try.  I CANNOT find the .INF driver file by itself anywhere in HP support or on the internet.  Do you know where I can find JUST the required .INF driver and any other required installation files seperately?  Thanks again for your support.  I've been working with Intel computers for 35 years and am very familiar with the procedure I am attempting but, alas, this installation is defeating me.

Robert Dunn from Seattle

HP Recommended

You can get to the place where you can manually install the drivers.

Get to devices and printers, and add a printer

then follow the steps that say, add a local printer, and select the appropriate port, next you shall be in the page where it asks if you have a disk to install the drivers... 

Now about the drivers, if you do not find the right driver for your printer, you can load the default drivers for the printer and see if it prints...

The default drivers would be listed under HP and NOT under HEWLETT PACKARD, and the right hand side it would say HP DESKJET 9800; do not look under HEWLETT PACKARD.

Install this driver and let me know if it helped...

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'. Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
HP Recommended

Thank you again ever so much, @mtaher13 but I'm going to have to give up on this installation endeavor on this Photosmart 7960 on any of my computers besides the old Dell XPS running Windows 7 32 bit on which it is now and has always been installed.  My error messages are consistant and either 0x0000002 or 80072ee2.  I cannot network to this properly shared printer from any of my windows 7 computers but the Photosmart 7960 runs fine as a local printer on the Dell XPS on which it has always been installed.  I have an HP all-in-one C7250 that is networked to all my computers on a hard wired networked configuration that works just fine.  That C7250 is two floors up from my computer room.  I'm old and I had hoped to avoid the multiple trips up and down stairs to print but, alas, no joy.  Again, I appreciate your efforts immensely.  If you ever do find out where I can obtain a stand alone copy of the .INF driver file for the 7960 for Windows 7 64 bit, I'll attempt this installation again.  You are kind to try to help me and I appreciate your efforts very much.  Again, I have no luck fetching any drivers for this 7960 from Windows Update or the HP 7960 series from manually adding a printer as your latest post suggested.

HP Recommended

Thank You so much for appreciating my efforts.

Just try reffering to this document which is in the link below. If you have exhausted these steps already, kindly ignore it... 

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02073861

And this link gives you the driver update from vista to windows 7...

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3053...

Let me know if it helped... 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.