Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

error code 0x61000020

HP 8610
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I keep getting error code 0x61000020.  I've tried every "help" that was on every page on the HP website.  After unplugging it for 1 minute, I am usually able to get it to print one page before the same error code comes up and I can not print any longer.  Please assist. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,961 10,744 721 703
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

error code 0x61000020

@Clmcc2befree

Please perform a printer reset

- Turn on the printer.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer. If your printer has a network or wireless connection, leave it connected.
- Remove the ink cartridges from the printer.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to a wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
- Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
- Reinsert the ink cartridges, and then close the ink cartridge access door.
- If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so.

Also update the Firmware from this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

Let me know how it goes 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Clmcc2befree Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

error code 0x61000020

Thank you for replying with below.  However, your solution still did not work.  Please suggest another solution.  Thank you.

Please perform a printer reset

- Turn on the printer.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer. If your printer has a network or wireless connection, leave it connected.
- Remove the ink cartridges from the printer.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to a wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
- Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
- Reinsert the ink cartridges, and then close the ink cartridge access door.
- If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so.

Also update the Firmware from this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

0 Kudos
Clmcc2befree Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

error code 0x61000020

This did not solve the problem.  Any other solutions?

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,961 10,744 721 703
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

error code 0x61000020

@Clmcc2befree

If the issue persists, I suggest you contact HP Support for Service Options

Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation