05-20-2017 09:07 AM
Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.
I understand that you are unable to install the drivers for your HP Deskjet F2280 All-in-One Printer.
This issue could occur if the older drivers are not completely removed.
Let's go through a few steps to uninstall and reinstall the drivers:
Step 1: Uninstall the Drivers:
Please follow the steps provided to uninstall the printer software in the link: Uninstalling the Printer Software (Windows)
Also, please follow the steps provided below to completely remove the printer software from printer properties.
Steps to remove printer driver files from Print Server Properties:
- Open the Print Server Properties dialog window by doing one of the following:
- Click the Start menu and in the search field type 'printui /s /t2' (without the quotes), and then press Enter or click it in the search list.
- Press WINDOWS-R on the keyboard to bring up the Run window, type in 'printui /s /t2' (without the quotes), and then press Enter or click OK.
- From the Start menu or the Start screen:
- Open Devices and Printers.
- Select any printer and then click "Print server properties" at the top of the window.
- Click on the Drivers tab.
- Select the printer driver you wish to uninstall.
- Click the Remove button.
- Select "Remove driver and driver package" and click OK.
Step 2: Download and install the Drivers from the link: Full Feature Software and Drivers
Let me know how this works.
You have a good day ahead.
I am an HP Employee
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!