JohnRBG
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

firmware update1828A HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 problem

HP OfficeJet Pro 8620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently did a firmware update on my HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 and didnt go too wel because now my printer wont respond to any print commands and just gives me a error message that my cartridge is damaged, is there anyway to reverse this firmware update? When i turn on my printer i get this error message: "One or more cartridges appear to be damaged.Remove them and replace with a new cartridge"

Using only Genuine cartridges.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
5,591 5,576 409 448
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JohnRBG, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I would recommend you follow the steps from the document  Ink Cartridge Errors to resolve the issue. If the issue persists, we can try and perform a complete reset on the printer.

The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device. 

I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer. 

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
TJHan
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am getting a very similar error with ink cartridges on my OfficeJet Pro 6978.  I've tried all of the "solutions" that I could find on the internet including doing a semi-full reset but it didn't help.  If there is a way to do a complete reset on this model of printer, I would appreciate knowing how to do it.

Thanks

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation