02-25-2017 02:46 PM
Printer working fine and suddenly stopped printing for no known reason. Spoke to Tech who uninstalled and re-installed drivers and software and printer would still not connect. He said issue is an known error in HP driver. Error message is "printer not activated, error code-30" Everything looks good in modem and router. Connect thru USB cable, not wireless. The tech said this is a known issue to HP, so there is probably a good solution available. Thanks for your help!
02-26-2017 03:39 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums!
I appreciate you taking the time to share your concern and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.
I reviewed your post and I understand that you are getting an error while printing.
I’d love to help!
I would like to know whether you are getting this error when printing from the browser (Like Internet explorer or chrome)?
If the issues are specific to the browsers, then I would suggest you first reset the browsers. Follow the steps below for resetting the internet explorer:
- Press the “Windows key” + “R” to get the “Run” window.
- Type “inetcpl.cpl” and press ok to get the internet explorer properties.
- Go to “Advanced” tab and select “Reset” option to completely reset the internet explorer.
- Now open the internet explorer and try browsing.
Try the steps below to reset the chrome:
- At the top right, click More (Three horizontal dots) and then Settings.
- At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
- Under the section "Reset settings,” click Reset settings.
- In the box that appears, click Reset.
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
If the information I've provided was helpful, please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
I am an HP Employee
09-13-2017 07:13 PM
I got this error when trying to print Word file. Not in a browser, straight off a document. I can print Excel files and pdf files but not Word. What's up?