Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

how do I fix a Oxc18a0206 error on my HP photosmart 3210?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

How do you fix Oxc18a0206 for 3310 all in one?

HP Recommended

how do i fix a Oxc18a0206 error on my Hp Photosmart 3210

HP Recommended

Hello the5dlts,

Take a look at this troubleshooting article to see if it helps resolve your issue.

An Alphanumeric Code (Example: '0x......' or 'C2......') Displays on the Front Panel When Printing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
HP Recommended

@annscar wrote:

Hey Annscar. Sorry to hear your having this issue. Does your error display an "ink system failure" message or do you just receive the 0x code? If you do not see a message that states an "Ink system failure" then you can follow these steps:

1. Without turning off the product, disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the product.
    NOTE:The USB cable connects to the port on the rear of the product. The port is labeled with the USB icon ( ). If your printer has a network or wireless connection, ignore this step.
    Figure 1: Example USB connection (your product might not look exactly the same as this example)
    Description of disconnecting the USB cable.
  2. Remove the cartridges from the product.
  3. Wait until a message to insert the cartridges displays. If you do not see a message within a few minutes, skip to the next step.
    NOTE:If your printer does not have a display, wait until the cartridge lights blink. If the cartridge lights do not blink within a few minutes, skip to the next step.
  4. Disconnect the power cord from the back of the product.
  5. Wait 60 seconds.
  6. Reconnect the power cord. If the product does not automatically turn on, press the Power button ( ).
  7. Reinsert the cartridges, and then close any open doors on the product.
  8. If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so.
  9. If you disconnected the USB cable, reconnect it to the rear of the product.
  10. Try printing again.

If you do receive a message stating you have an "ink system failure" post back and let me know and we can continue from there. Also include what operating system you are using when you reply to help me find the most suitable solution.

Thanks!

Sean

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@annscar wrote:

HP Recommended
Useless/

Keeps repeating my Error code question and does not give a reply
HP Recommended

@bbaxendale, sorry that you haven't had a response. 

Have you tried the link above that (hardbeatz) provide. Here is the link that may assist you.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03081973

You may need to clean your print head. Sometimes it can becomes clogged, dirty, or damaged. 

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
HP Recommended

@annscar wrote:

HP Recommended
I followed all the steps...still getting ink system failed?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.