Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

hp 2540 Error

HP Recommended
Hp 2540 printer
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I have this HP 2540 and it continues to give an error message. I try the fix online to unplug and wait several minutes and some times that works but not always.  This is not a very reliable printer.  I did reinstall the software. deleted the old and put int he new.  still the same error flashing lights. 

other that throwing it out and getting a more reliable brand what can I do.?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,617 11,608 572 634
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@deanfred,

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

This is a great place to get support, find answers 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will contact you shortly and likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well either no one was as unlucky as I and purchased an HP2540.  Or I am the only one around with a problem.  So far there have been no solutions.  I belive the next step is to through this printer in the Trash.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation