Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp 940c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i cannot find the driver for my hp 94c printer.

Just got a new laptop and the OS cannot find the driver.

How do i find it? HP website is no help.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi    Yellowfin,

Try the installation using the drivers built into the Windows 10 system.

Follow the steps in the next video, where the steps to install are explained:

* Click on KUDOS thumbs up to say thanks,

* Click on the button Accepted Solution if the question is answered.

Best regards,

ferRX.

dodecaedro.gif

@ferRX / I am a volunteer posting answers on my own time.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your suggestion. It does not work. It says print driver not available.

i just need the driver. HP! are u listening???  I JUST NEED THE DRIVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HP Recommended

Hi    @Yellowfin,

I am a volunteer posting answers on my own time.

1. Ok, then try to Add Printer in the Settings > Devices > Printer window.

• devices

2.  Click Add printer

• add printer

3.  Click in the option for "The printer that I want isn't listed"

• printer not listed

4.  Click in the option "Add a local printer"

• Selecting Add a printer using local or network printer with manual settings

5. Then select Use an existing port (USB001: Virtual printer port for USB), and then click Next.

6. Click Windows Update (1) button and then wait for the print drivers list to update. (this could take 5 to 10 minutes to complete).

• dj990c.png

7. Click in the Manufacturer - HP (2)   and then click in the Printers list - Deskjet 990c (3)

8.  And the other option is to look for the Windows drivers in the Windows Microsoft Catalog in the next link:

Best regards,

ferRX.

dodecaedro.gif

HP Recommended

thank you for your suggestion.

It still does not work. The printer is shown in my list of printers, but underneath is says "driver not available".

Very frustrated!!!

HP Recommended

Hi    Yellowfin,

Thank you for trying the steps. :Glasses:

1. Ok, then if the Deskjet driver doesn't work, then we can try with the HP Deskjet PCL3.

2. Try again the Add Printer steps and when you are in the Printer drivers list search and select "HP Deskjet PCL3 Class Driver" 

• Photosmart_2570_s2.JPG

3. And the other option is to look for the Windows drivers in the Windows Microsoft Catalog in the next link:

Best regards,

ferRX.

dodecaedro.gif

HP Recommended

the only listed printer is a different printer that i have on my cpu. there are no other options

HP Recommended

btw, when i use winows update, i get a message that it is unavailable at this time or something of the like.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.