Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hp envy 5547 prints in color from phone but only grey from PC

hp envy 5547

Hello everyone and thanks in advance to anyone that will be able to help me!

I have a Hp envy 5547 that is connected to several devices via wifi; untill few weeks ago it was working perfectly, then something happened. When I print from my phone or from my laptop, it prints perfectly, but when I want to print from the PC I can't find on Word the option "print in color" or "print in grey scale" etc, and even if I try to print something directly from the internet or any other program, when I choose "print in color", it prints in grey scale! I've already searched on the forum for help, I have tried to download the suggested programs, to clean the cartridges, to download the new drivers... nothing seems to work, but is clearly a problem of "comunication" between computer and printer, because I have no problems with any other device. 

Does anyone have an idea of what could have happened and how can I solve it???

p.s. I am new, so tell me if I have posted in the wrong section. Thanks.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3,776 3,619 286 284
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@G_Rossi-Zijp, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To provide you with an accurate solution, I would like to know the following-

What is the Operating System installed on your computer?

Which application are you trying to print from?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
G_Rossi-Zijp Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

First of all, thank you for your kind help! The operating system should be "Windows 10 pro" and I noticed the problem when I tried to print a document from Microsoft Office Word. I was trying to print a text with a coloured title and it came out grey. Then I went immediately to the printing options to look if the printer was set on "print  in scale of grey", but I couldn't fine the option anywhere. Nor "print in color", nor "print in scale of grey".

Then I tried to print an image directly from Google Images and, even if there I could find the option "print in color" and "print in scale of grey", the printer would print in grey even when I chose "print in color". 

This never happened before; the first time was a couple of days ago and since that moment it doesn't print anymore in color from the PC.

Instead, when I print from my laptop or from my phone, I have no problems. I can choose both options and the printer prints according to the option that I choose. 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3,776 3,619 286 284
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@G_Rossi-Zijp

Thanks for replying!

Update the printer firmware

Download available firmware updates from the HP website

With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates.

For more information, go to Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware.

I would suggest you try the Windows built-in drivers. Follow the steps below:

•    Go to Control Panel - Devices and Printers - Click on "Add printer" and follow the on-screen instructions.

•    When the page prompts for the drivers, select "Windows update". The driver list will be updated.

•    Click HP, Hewlett Packard, or Hewlett-Packard in the Manufacturer pane, and then click the name of your printer in the Printers pane.

Refer to this document HP Printers - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver for help.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

Tags (1)
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation