Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I keep receiving the following error message on my HP Laserjet M2727 nf - Scanner Error 8.  I turn off the printer and it comes back on and works until I scan another document.  It scans ok, but then I get the message again.  Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I see you have rec'd no help here. Where are the HP posters? Is there absolutely NO support for HP products on this forum?

I swear I will NEVER buy another HP anything!  :robotmad:

I have the 4500 Wireless All-in-One and am having continuous 'scanner error'! GRRRR.

HP Recommended
I HAVE A PROBLEM IN MY HP M2727 NF SCANNER GIVING A ERROR CODE :- 8 PLS GIVE ME SOLUTION
HP Recommended

Hello! I'm hoping my revival of this thread will bring about a real solution to this issue. 

I too have recently experienced this errorr, in which the device says, " SCANNER ERROR 8, PLEASE POWER OFF/ON". 

I've already updated Firmware and re-installed software. It allows me to scan to PC successfully once after I power cycle but immediatly reverts back to the error message. 

PLEASE HELP! THANKS IN ADVANCE!

HP Recommended

I recently had a client with this error. I had to uninstall, then do a complete power cycle on the printer. switch it off. unplug the power and usb.  toggle the power with it disconnected. Plug the power back in and then reconnect the usb or network cable whichever way you are choosing to connect it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.