Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
P1102
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hi,

I can see that there are a range of issues for Mac users since the new OS Catalina was released. I have downloaded the most recent drivers for my P1102 series printer to no avail, though I can print through my phone.

Are HP planning on releasing further updates or are we being pushed towards purchasing new hardware? Yes, the P1102 is an oldie, but it's a goodie and has been very reliable.

Any information on next steps would be appreciated.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Make sure to install below drivers and check:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Applications/ASU/HPPrinterDrivers5.1.dm...

For any issues, what exCt behavior or error message is shown?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I’ve downloaded the driver update and not error messages are appearing. When I send a document to the printer it says ‘connected’ and ‘printing’ then nothing happens. It definitely does not drop the connection, it’s almost like it is paused when I open the printer itself on the Mac. I know that it working as it is printing from my iPhone and iPad.

Thanks again 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.