Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Laserjet 1018
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My notebook had windows10, i formatted it and reinstalled from a new windows image and installed recent updates also.
My Laserjet 1018 printer, that normally worked in old windows 10 installation, now doesn't be recognized by Windows.

At first connection of USB cable, was showed a tooltip notification that says: "HP Laserjet 1018 is now ready", but in control panel is doesn't appear.
I tryed built-in driver installation procedure, but the model is not on windows update drivers list.
I tryed also microsoft troubleshooting, HP print and scan doctor (that recognize, but doesn't install the printer), HP Smart from microsoft store, and 123.hp.com site. I also tryed to create an offline administrator account and install from it, but incontered same problems.
No one of these procedures is able to resolve, can someone help me?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@DarioCucchiar Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are unable to install the printer drivers for Windows 10 operating system.

You have to install the drivers using the built-in printer drivers.

Please refer to the following link to install the drivers using the built-in printer drivers.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response, but if you read my question, you can understand that built-in driver interrogation was the first procedure I tried.

HP Recommended

@DarioCucchiar

Thank you for the update.

Try with the steps provided in the next video:

Note: The above link is 3rd party and is not owned by HP, I've posted this only so that I may help you resolve this issue by going beyond my support boundaries, please ignore the ads and take only the free suggestions.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.