04-20-2019 11:48 AM
HI, I BROUGHT MY HOME PRINTER TO WORK, SOMEHOW SOMEONE INSERTED GENERICA INK CARTRIDGES AND THE PRINTER SAYS THEY ARE INCOMPATIBLE, SO I WAS TRYING TO REMOVE THEM TO INSERT THE CORRECT INK CARTRIDGES ,BUTH THEY WONT COME OUT, THEY ARE STUCK IN THE PRINTER, I TRIED EVERYTHING BUT CANT GET THEM OUT AND I DONT WANT TO BREAK MY PRINTER, IS THERE A WAY OF REMOVING THEM WITHOUT DAMAGING THE PRINTER?
04-21-2019 12:51 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Let's try to reset the Printer here:
Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Also, try connecting the Printer to a different wall outlet directly.
Once done, follow this document to remove the ink cartridges: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-5600-all-in-one-printer-series/441142/model/441143...
Let me know if this helps.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee