Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I installed IOMojave last night on macbook (2016).  Printer stopped working.  No driver found for the printer now.  All items on same network and other items can print fine.  I have rebooted all items on the network.

Is there a new driver coming out to wortk with Mojave or is there another solution - without getting a new macbook.

Any suggestions?  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey there! @JK1964, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums! 

I understand after updating your MAC to Mojave you have issues printing from your printer.

Don't worry I'll to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Are you able to make a copy from your printer?

Are you able to use the printer using a USB connection?

Is your printer connected by wired or a wireless connection?

Can the router forward the bonjour packets?

Have you tried printing from a different application?

I appriciate your efforts for trying out the steps before reaching out to us.

Splendid analysis and remarkable patience shown. It is immensely appreciated.

Try updating the MAC and printer firmware to the latest version and check if it helps.

Update the printer firmware using this link. Click Here

If you have a dual-band router, make sure it is set to the 2.4 GHz band. If your router is set to the 5 GHz band, the printer cannot connect to the network.

Bonjour support: HP recommends routers that support Bonjour, Apple's network discovery software. Connecting with Bonjour is the best way to find the printer and support wireless printing.

Temporarily disable firewall software on the computer. 

Restart the computer, printer, and router

Restart the computer, printer, and router to resolve any network or communication error states.

NOTE:

The following steps temporarily disconnect network and Internet connections, and require restarting your computer. Complete any tasks or downloads in progress before continuing.

1. Disconnect the power cord from the router.

2. Turn off the printer.

3. Close all running programs on your computer, including the HP software installation window, then shut down the computer.

4. Reconnect the power cord to the router, then wait for the Internet activity light to display a normal connected status.

5. Turn on the printer.

6. Turn on the computer.

Also, try the steps recommended below.

1.) Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.

Example of the Printers & Scanners window

2.) If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer.

3.) Click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name.

4.) Confirm AirPrint displayed in the Use or Print Using menu, and then click Add.

Select AirPrint from the Use menu

5.) Open a document or photo, click File, and then click Print.

Let me know if this helps! 
Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hey there! @JK1964, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums! 

I understand after updating your MAC to Mojave you have issues printing from your printer.

Don't worry I'll to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Are you able to make a copy from your printer?

Are you able to use the printer using a USB connection?

Is your printer connected by wired or a wireless connection?

Can the router forward the bonjour packets?

Have you tried printing from a different application?

I appriciate your efforts for trying out the steps before reaching out to us.

Splendid analysis and remarkable patience shown. It is immensely appreciated.

Try updating the MAC and printer firmware to the latest version and check if it helps.

Update the printer firmware using this link. Click Here

If you have a dual-band router, make sure it is set to the 2.4 GHz band. If your router is set to the 5 GHz band, the printer cannot connect to the network.

Bonjour support: HP recommends routers that support Bonjour, Apple's network discovery software. Connecting with Bonjour is the best way to find the printer and support wireless printing.

Temporarily disable firewall software on the computer. 

Restart the computer, printer, and router

Restart the computer, printer, and router to resolve any network or communication error states.

NOTE:

The following steps temporarily disconnect network and Internet connections, and require restarting your computer. Complete any tasks or downloads in progress before continuing.

1. Disconnect the power cord from the router.

2. Turn off the printer.

3. Close all running programs on your computer, including the HP software installation window, then shut down the computer.

4. Reconnect the power cord to the router, then wait for the Internet activity light to display a normal connected status.

5. Turn on the printer.

6. Turn on the computer.

Also, try the steps recommended below.

1.) Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.

Example of the Printers & Scanners window

2.) If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer.

3.) Click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name.

4.) Confirm AirPrint displayed in the Use or Print Using menu, and then click Add.

Select AirPrint from the Use menu

5.) Open a document or photo, click File, and then click Print.

Let me know if this helps! 
Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm having a similar problem.  I upgraded my Mac Mini to Mojave and now can't get printing to my Officejet 8600 to work either.  However, scanning from the 8600 to the Mac Mini is working fine and the printer utility on the Mac communicates with the printer fine.  I can also print to the 8600 fine from a Windows laptop.

I've been searching for answers, but so far all I have found is this HP Support document that says the Officejet 8600 is not supported under MacOS Mojave...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06133734

HP Recommended

Update:  I did try MrRobot's suggestion, to delete the 8600 from the Mac and then add it back as an Airprint printer.  I did a couple of quick print and scan tests and both seem to work.  Thank-you!!

HP Recommended

@TWDSupport, Thanks for your quick response and time.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As you mentioned after removing and adding the printer your issue got resolved.

I am happy to hear that your issue got resolved.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care,
Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

All those "solutions" do not work for HP CP 1025. I will never buy an another printer from HP, for sure. 

HP Recommended

When I updated my iMac to macOS Mojave I could not scan to my computer from the HP Scan icon.  Thge support forum gave me information to circumvent the icon, however I can go to my System Preferences and scan from the Printers and Scanner there. Its a longer way around but I do have access to scanning again. 

Basically, I went to the System Preferences, then to the Printers and Scanners, deleted the printer then added it again, clicked on scan and it worked. Unfortunately, its a longer way to scan but I can scan. Thanks.

HP Recommended

I have that same problem,  I updated my MacBook Air to Mohave and the computer and the printer don't communicate any more.  I have done the items recommended, but when I deleted the printer and clicked the plus sign,  no printers were found.  I had also already  updated the driver for the printer to the latest, turned everything off, unplugged the modem etc.  The printer will make copies and when I connected it with the USB cable it would show me the ink levels, though it still would not print (it was listed as disconnected)  At the moment I'd be happy enough if I could print with a USB connection, though wireless would be obviously be better.  

The printer printed up test results for the wireless network when I asked it to...  the wireless connection was confirmed as active and functional (I'm translating these results from German, so the wording might not be what you'd expect) and the signal quality is listed as excellent.  It says it was sucessfully connected  with 499 total disconnections, 1 in the last hour and 2 in the last 24 hours (whatever that means)    It says that the Network name (SSID) is xfinitywifi, which is the guest wifi that comcast provides with the modem that I have, rather than the name of my regular wifi network, but it's all through the same modem and the printer doesn't respond to either when I switch between them on the computer.

HP Recommended

Solution:  

Power down Router, Wi-Fi Extender, and Printer.  Restart Router and Printer, but do not restore power to Wi-Fi Extender until AFTER Printer has Wi-Fi connection restored and has printed a test page as expected.

Problem:

Wi-Fi Extender has same name as ISP-provided Router and appears to not be Bonjour enabled.  When everything powered back on, the Printer & Wi-Fi Extender completed startup before the Router, so the Printer saw the Wi-Fi Extender network first and, because it has the same name, connected to it instead of directly to the Router.

Background:

I recently had to cut off power to my entire house to install new light fixtures (unlabeled breaker box).  Whenever I restored power, everything seem to work as expected.  My HP Officejet Pro 8600 has always been used wirelessly (never connected via ethernet or USB), so a few days later when I tried to print something from my iMac running Mojave (v10.14.6), the Printer was visible on the network and the page was sent, but the print job would get stuck in the Print Queue and automatically "Pause."  I'd try to "Resume" the print job and it would give me a temporary error that the printer was not connected, then it would reconnect, and then "Pause" the print job again.  I erased the printer profile, rebooted my Mac, Printer, and Router, and downloaded and reinstalled the printer software using HP Easy Start software - still no luck.

I noticed something weird when I tried to reinstall the printer drivers: When I tried to add the printer manually through System Preferences > Printers & Scanners, my system scan would see "Officejet Pro 8600 .Fax" only - not ".Printer" or "Bonjour Multifunction".  I found A4Apollo's solution and started reading the recommended steps when I finally remembered the Wi-Fi Extender downstairs... I'm pretty sure the Printer was reconnecting to the weaker signal of the Wi-Fi Extender because it rebooted faster than the Router and because it has the same name.  Follow the steps in my solution above and you shouldn't have to erase your printer profile and reinstall drivers like I did...  Live and learn.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.