Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I have this message on my printer for several days and do not know what to do.

Server Problem "the printer could not connect to web services. the server might be busy or temporarily unavaialble try again later. The printer is connected okay to the wireless network

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Saintyman, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

• What model printer do you use?
  • Also, check if the printer has the right Date and Time.

Power resetting the network devices, checking the web services and updating the printer firmware may resolve this issue. Let us try these steps: 

Restart the computer, printer, and router

1. Turn off the router by pressing the power button or disconnecting the power cord.

2. Turn off the printer.

3. Close all running programs on your computer, and then shut down the computer.

4. Press the power button or reconnect the power cord to the router, and then wait for the Internet activity light to display a normal connected status.

5. Turn on the printer.

6. Turn on the computer.

7. Check if web services is ON on the printer. Click here to know how.

8. Note: If it is ON, turn it OFF and then turn it back ON again.

Also, Turn on Web Services from the Embedded Web Server (EWS)

1. Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to obtain the IP address.
  2. Type the IP address at the top of your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
  3. If you get any security notification, click on show details and 'proceed to this website'.
  4. On the EWS webpage, click the Web Services tab.

5. On the Web Services Setup page, click Continue, Turn On, or Enable, and then follow the on-screen instructions.

6. Example of clicking Continue.

If the issue persists, continue to the next step.

Update the printer firmware

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.