Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP envy Phoot 6230
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello gents. 

i'm having issues with this printer, and with my 2 PC (both windows 10 64 bits) 

Printer is connected throuugh Wi-fi via static address (192.168.1.150), Router is on 192.168.1.1. 

I can ping the printer from both pcs, correctly. 

On both PCs the printer is installed on a WSD port (with differente port numbers form the pcs)

Attemping Printer from web pages work i can see all the options. 

I can scan documents via Wi Fi, and i can save form both pc.

BUT I CANNOT PRINT!!!

I installed HP print and scan doctor. it solved something and i succeed in printing form this program...but nothing more. i cannot print form Microsoft application, as well as from PDF. 

Firewall is not influencing  the system...

Any ideas? 

Stefano

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@timo_leone

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Let's try to do a root uninstall and reinstall of the software:

Unplug any USB cable, if any, before doing this.

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between "printui.exe" and "/s")

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo

14.) Type c:/programdata and click Ok. Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

15.) Restart the computer. 

Once done, please download and install the software from here: 

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day! 

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Betty, 

thanks for feedback. but this didn't solve the issue. the system is again in the same state. i can ping the printer (static address) i can scan, but i cannot print. i tried also usb cable, directly to pc, and i have the same issue. so i think i can exclude IP and router settings. 

I had the same issue also 2 year ago and i solved only with remote assistance by HP, on both PCs. ( i remember they choose a  different driver, but nothing more)

Here's once again the info: 

Printer IP (static) 192.168.1.1 (all pcs are in the same subnet), ping is correctly working

Printer port: WSD...

Printer is shared.

i'm getting crazy....

Stefano

HP Recommended

Let's try built-in drivers: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01796879

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

maybe this is not the best solution, but it works.... 

i rembember that a couple of years ago i had the same issue with similar HP envy printer. 

HP Tech support suggest me to install generic windows file for HP deskjet 6980 printer. 

i set static ip address... 

The system works. but without HP software, and any tool by hp. 

If i need to scan i need to go through web page and scan through browser  

if i lauch HP doctor... the printer doesn't work anymore...

HP Recommended

These are the other ways to scan as well: 

• Printer control panel: If your printer has a touchscreen control panel with a Scan option, you can use it to scan to your computer or email.

• HP Smart app (Windows 10): Search the Microsoft Store for HP Smart to find and install this app. For more information, go to Using the HP Smart App (Windows 10).

• HP Scan and Capture app (Windows 10, 😎: Scan documents or photos from the printer or webcam. A full feature print driver must be installed on the computer. For more information, go to Using the HP Scan and Capture App (Windows 8 and 10).

• Windows Scan app (Windows 10, 😎: Search the Microsoft Store for windows scan to find and install this app.

• Microsoft Paint (All Windows versions): Search Windows for paint, and then open the Paint desktop app. Click File or the menu icon  , and then click From scanner or camera.

• Windows Fax and Scan (All Windows versions): Search Windows for fax to open the desktop app, and then click New Scan.

• Webscan utility (network printers): Obtain the printer IP address and use it to open the printer's Embedded Web Server (EWS) in a web browser. On your printer's website, click Webscan on the Scan tab.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.