Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
LaserJet P1102w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The printer named above has been my default printer. It is my only installed and connected printer. However, it is no longer on my computer (also an HP product). It has simply vanished. I believe I have run all the elevant HP Support solutions. The HP Printer and Scan Doctor does not "see" the printer. It is not "visible." It sees the computer but not the printer. WIN10 was downloaded last July and printer worked just fine until last month. Suddenly, nothing.  When I try to print on WORD the printer is no longer listed. Any suggestions? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you, Forum for helping solve my printer problem. I knew the solution was somewhere. I just didn't know where. I believe all is now OK. I am printing up a happy storm.

ikmo83

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

If your HP Laserjet P1102W printer is no longer listed in ‘Devices and Printers’, you need to check if printer software or drivers are available in the installed program list. If it is not available there, then it might be possible that printer was uninstalled accidentally from anyone.

To help you install fresh printer software and drivers for HP Laserjet P1102W, please find the link given below and follow the instructions mentioned on it:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-LaserJet-Pro-P1102-Printer-series/4110394/model/4110306/drive...

Hope this will help you.

HP Recommended

Thank you, Forum for helping solve my printer problem. I knew the solution was somewhere. I just didn't know where. I believe all is now OK. I am printing up a happy storm.

ikmo83

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.