Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 6600
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello, in our office, one of our employees was connected  (wireless) to the printer one day, and the next they could not get anything to print. I was still connected (wireless) to the printer and able to print. 

So we uninstalled that driver from the computer that couldnt connect, we were able to re-find the printer and establish a conenction. However when they tried to print they couldnt find the status of the printer or anything related to the printer. We have reset the internet as well as cycled the power.

Any thoughts on what to do next?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @AntCan,

Good Day.  Thank you for posting your query in the HP community.  I read the post regarding the printer losing wireless connection. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Superb description and spectacular troubleshooting and commendable diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Did you run the print scan doctor utility and check if it fixes it?

For a start please perform these steps:

Please run the print and scan doctor utility from this link: http://hp.care/2syjvp6;  and check if the issue is resolved.

Otherwise simply uninstall the printer by following these steps:

• Uninstall the printer from "programs and features" which can be accessed by doing a right-click on the Windows button (Please have the printer Off and disconnected during uninstallation.)
  • Check in device manager, if the printer is listed there, please delete it. (Right click on the Windows button to access device manager)
  • Go to devices and printers, select any printer listed there and you will get some options on the top.
  • Click on print server properties.
  • You will get a popup, click on the drivers tab and delete all the HP printer drivers listed there if any.
  • Delete all the instances of your printer listed in devices and printers.
  • Restart the PC.
  • Once the PC is on the desktop, press Win + R, it would bring a Run dialog box,
  • Type %temp% in the run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button.
  • It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (You might not be able to delete all the files).
  • If possible, delete the printer from the registries using Regedit or using any other 3rd party application.
  • Ignore the Regedit option if it cannot be done.
  • Restart the PC again.
  • Then download the latest full feature driver from http://hp.care/2tN6vw7  and install it on the computer after selecting the correct operating system.
  • Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer.
  • After this check to see if the issue gets corrected.

• If it still persists, then follow all the prescribed steps from this link: http://hp.care/2tNizxC for printer not found on the network.(please perform steps 1, 2 and 3) 
  • This should do the trick for you.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat. 🙂

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @AntCan,

Good Day.  Thank you for posting your query in the HP community.  I read the post regarding the printer losing wireless connection. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Superb description and spectacular troubleshooting and commendable diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Did you run the print scan doctor utility and check if it fixes it?

For a start please perform these steps:

Please run the print and scan doctor utility from this link: http://hp.care/2syjvp6;  and check if the issue is resolved.

Otherwise simply uninstall the printer by following these steps:

• Uninstall the printer from "programs and features" which can be accessed by doing a right-click on the Windows button (Please have the printer Off and disconnected during uninstallation.)
  • Check in device manager, if the printer is listed there, please delete it. (Right click on the Windows button to access device manager)
  • Go to devices and printers, select any printer listed there and you will get some options on the top.
  • Click on print server properties.
  • You will get a popup, click on the drivers tab and delete all the HP printer drivers listed there if any.
  • Delete all the instances of your printer listed in devices and printers.
  • Restart the PC.
  • Once the PC is on the desktop, press Win + R, it would bring a Run dialog box,
  • Type %temp% in the run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button.
  • It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (You might not be able to delete all the files).
  • If possible, delete the printer from the registries using Regedit or using any other 3rd party application.
  • Ignore the Regedit option if it cannot be done.
  • Restart the PC again.
  • Then download the latest full feature driver from http://hp.care/2tN6vw7  and install it on the computer after selecting the correct operating system.
  • Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer.
  • After this check to see if the issue gets corrected.

• If it still persists, then follow all the prescribed steps from this link: http://hp.care/2tNizxC for printer not found on the network.(please perform steps 1, 2 and 3) 
  • This should do the trick for you.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat. 🙂

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey David, Yep this did the trick! thanks alot for taking the time to answer my question and help me out!

Have an awesome week yourself!

-AntCan

HP Recommended

Hi @AntCan,

It has been a fabulous experience working with you. 🙂  You've been simply amazing with your technical expertise and thanks again for giving me the privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂 Trust me I've done all I can to assist you with this. 

I hope the unit works great and stays healthy for a long time. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Please take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.