Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

lost setup cartridges for HP ENVY Photo 7858

HP ENVY Photo 7858
macOS 10.14 Mojave

My son accidentally threw out the setup cartridges for the printer and I have not been able to bypass/Skip this process on the mobile app or on the printer setup screen. I would love the support of an employee to solve this. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,252 10,092 493 508
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@areid1

Welcome to the HP Support Community

Let's perform a Trade at OOBE rest on the printer to bypass using setup cartridge.

I have sent you a private message, to reset the printer that cannot be shared in a public post.

Can you please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
Anteyehero9 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem. HP rep, can you PM me as well on how to bypass the “setup Cartridge” since I don’t have one anywhere.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,133 20,752 1,357 2,141
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Anteyehero9,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

In order to bypass the setup cartridges and want to use the regular ink cartridges, I believe we can bypass the setup by performing a reset.

I am going to send you a private message with the instructions on how to perform an advanced reset. Now these steps are specific to your printer only. 

Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation