Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
m1217
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

It appears HP has been having an issue with this FOR YEARS!.

The fact that they still don't have a simple solution speaks volumes.

I have read all the forums and "fixes" to no avail.
Easy Start says it can't locate any software options and then it suggests you go to the website, where in which you type in your model, a suggestion appears in a drop down, you select it, and taada!,..  endless nightmare.

How am I supposed to get a m1217 to work with a windows 10 64?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

and No. Deleting from the root does not work.

going into the folder and selecting hpsetup.exe does not work.

https://whp-aus1.cold.extweb.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL32629/Im-80811-7/HP_M1130_M1210_MFP_Fu...    Does not work.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/HPEasyStart_11_5_4644_17.exe   Does not work.

HP Recommended

Well,. I suppose this relatively expensive laser printer gets tossed into the trash??

MUST have a printer for my WORK. Today!

So,.. can anyone suggest another printer,. OTHER than an HP?

HP Recommended

@Flyndad, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

There is a full-feature printer driver available on the HP Support site. You don't have to use the HP Easy Start.

Click here to download the HP Full-featured driver.

Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue persists, install the printer using Windows built-in driver

Refer to this document to know how.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.