Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Can't print ! HP should move faster to keep their customer ! Waiting for appropriate driver!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Galbord

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the printing issue. 

To better assist you -

1) Are you getting any error while printing? 

2) What's the application that you are trying to print from? 

While you respond to that, here's the link for macOS 10.15 driver for HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 All-in-One Printer. 

You may also try adding the AirPrint driver -

1.) Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners. 

2.) Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer. 

3.) If you see multiple printer queues for the same printer, remove all extra printers by selecting them one at a time, and then clicking the minus button at the bottom of the list. 

4.) Click the plus sign click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name. 

5.) Click the Use or Print Using menu, select AirPrint in the pop-up menu. Then click Add. Select AirPrint from the Use menu
6.) Try to print. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I tried your recommendation and it does not work.

I have this message....

Screen Shot 2019-11-25 at 8.38.37 AM.png

HP Recommended

@Galbord

Thanks for replying!

If you are trying to connect the printer wirelessly, I'd like to know the following-

Did any changes (hardware or software) took place on the computer after which this issue may have started. Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• There should be an IP address printed on the HP Network Configuration Page. 
  • Please type this IP address in the address bar of your web browser and check if the EWS (Embedded Web Server) page of the printer can be accessed from your PC.

If the EWS cannot be accessed, follow the steps below-

Restart your devices

To prepare your printer for a wireless connection, restart the printer, computer, and router.

1. Turn the printer off, and then wait 10 seconds.

2. Disconnect the printer power cord from the printer.

3. Turn off the computer or the device you are trying to print from.

4. Connect the printer power cord to the printer, and then turn on the printer.

5. Disconnect the power cord from your wireless router, and then wait 10 seconds.

6. Reconnect the power cord to the router.

NOTE: 

Wait until internet service is restored. Internet service is interrupted while the router is off.

7. Turn on the computer.

Once the connection is restored, try accessing the EWS page. If the issue persists, I would like to know the following:

• Are the printer and PC connected to the same network?
  • Is your router dual-band enabled i.e., both 2.4GHz and 5GHz?
  • What is the distance between the router and the printer?
  • Is there any antivirus software installed on your computer?
  • Could you perform a ping test using the Mac Network Utility and let me know the results?

Use the printer IP address to perform a ping test, the printer IP can be located by selecting the wireless icon on the printer display.

The wireless status menu on your Mac should also give us quite a lot of information that would help us identify the issue. You can press and hold option-click the WiFi icon and then use shift-command-5 to take the screenshot. Press the space bar when the icon turns into a camera. Share the ping test results and the screenshot with us.

Also, check with your Internet service provider if your router is able to forward 'Bonjour packets'. 

Bonjour locates devices such as printers, other computers, and the services that those devices offer on a local network using multicast Domain Name System (mDNS) service records. The software comes built-in with Apple's macOS and iOS operating systems.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

When does Hp plan to fix this???

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.